Talk

Advanced search

I've accidentally found the cure for giant hormonal chin spots

(32 Posts)
Bejazzled Fri 09-Feb-18 10:38:05

....those big lumps that form under your skin and erupt in giant fashion every month...

I bought a few different things from The Ordinary, this one was recommended for lip plumping but it also mentioned being good for lifting the upper lip lines too. Anyway, several months ago I dabbed a bit on my burgeoning boulder and it completely died off within 24 hours. Since then I've done the same thing on three different occasions and it has always worked.
Totally non scientific and I've no idea why it works, but it does for me so thought I'd share 🙂

Bejazzled Fri 09-Feb-18 10:38:59

Sorry forgot the attachment

MaureenNervosa Fri 09-Feb-18 10:39:02

What's it called? I get these awful spots too.

MaureenNervosa Fri 09-Feb-18 10:39:14

Ah thanks!

Bejazzled Fri 09-Feb-18 10:41:25

It nips a little bit, I dab it on as soon as I feel it and repeat a few times over 24 hours.

MaureenNervosa Fri 09-Feb-18 10:45:19

I don't mind the nipping. Does it dry skin out in general though? Thanks for sharing.

Appuskidu Fri 09-Feb-18 10:49:05

What is in it?!

And how much is it!?

LittleLights Fri 09-Feb-18 10:51:03

I hate them sore huge bastards

Taffeta Fri 09-Feb-18 10:53:03

My friend swears by Sudocrem left on overnight grin

Bejazzled Fri 09-Feb-18 11:09:56

Sudocrem didn't even touch mine, I've tried everything from acne creams to toothpaste (yes someone said that worked too)

It doesn't dry the skin at all as it is actually a serum. This is the blurb that got me to buy it in the first place, it is fantastic as a lip plumper and although I've had it for a few months there is hardly anything out of the bottle. here

MaureenNervosa Fri 09-Feb-18 11:24:40

Thanks OP. I had a look at the ingredients. Emulsifiers and polymers but no drying alcohols (I think). Sounds like a good investment as it lasts for a long time. Added to my wish list!

jo10000 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:31:33

Will investigate, thanks

BagelGoesWalking Fri 09-Feb-18 11:37:29

My underground volcanoes (used to get three in the same place) have not made an appearance since I switched to a few Korean style products - a hydrating toner, a Honey based hydrating ampoule and a Ceramide Rich moisturiser. No fragrance, no alcohol in any of them.

I have dry/dehydrated (although much better now) skin so it wasn't oiliness creating the monsters, but I got one tiny spot last month which disappeared on its own after a day.

CapricornWithAUnicornHorn Fri 09-Feb-18 11:50:58

Oh my god thank you op I will try this!! I've found a skincare routine that keeps my acne minimal (just a bit of redness, small dots where I used to have loads of blackheads and some teeny tiny white heads now and again) the only thing I can't prevent or treat are the big hormonal bastards that camp out under my chin!! Let's hope it works for me too!!

jo10000 Fri 09-Feb-18 12:07:32

Capricorn do you mind sharing your skincare routine, my daughter may benefit thanks

bluesouper Fri 09-Feb-18 12:44:37

Thanks OP those chin spots have really been getting me down recently. They used to arrived just before a period but now they seem to be around constantly, the little bastards.

Hippadippadation Fri 09-Feb-18 13:41:24

I use Savlon on mine as soon as I feel them brewing. Makes them disappear in a couple of days without even coming to a head.

Mirrormirrorotw Fri 09-Feb-18 14:01:08

What do you think of the product OP? Apart from its amazing spot-fighting off-label use?

rightknockered Fri 09-Feb-18 14:13:48

I find that if I have any, a few drops of the red AHA/BHA peel on the spot from The Ordinary and they disappear.

Redrosebelle Fri 09-Feb-18 14:15:00

My accidental cure for these awful spots is protect and perfect serum. Started using and haven’t had any since!

RainbowCookie Fri 09-Feb-18 14:16:53

Where do you buy The Ordinary from I’ve never seen it

Gullane Fri 09-Feb-18 14:29:13

Freederm’s my boil remover of choice. Fiver from the chemist.

Doobigetta Fri 09-Feb-18 15:41:36

Does it work as a lip plumper?

Mind you, it seems to be very hit or miss getting anything from The Ordinary at the moment. I called Victoria Health to chase up something I ordered two weeks ago, and they told me the deliveries they're getting are completely random, they have no idea until they get them what will turn up and what won't. "It's getting embarrassing" were her exact words.

Delatron Fri 09-Feb-18 16:56:56

Ooh I love that lip plumper. I think lips in general thin as they age, this stuff has got my lips looking nice and plump again. One of my friends thought I'd had filler (not in a bad way).
Will try it on the chin spots!!

Bejazzled Fri 09-Feb-18 17:50:16

The lip plumper is really good, such a difference since November when I bought it.

I usually buy from Victoria Health as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now