Talk

Advanced search

Please don't get rid of the Teenagers board

(112 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

TeenTimesTwo Wed 15-May-19 19:49:05

Just that really.

You'll see that a number of us are responding to the MNHQ post on the board itself, but just in case you're not checking replies there, a number of us really, really want to keep teenagers stuff away from the potty training, and parents of 6yos who think their darlings will never behave like that as teens.

LiliesAndChocolate Wed 15-May-19 20:04:15

I agree. Teens issues are so different that a toddler not eating his veggies! I don't post much on teenagers, but I do certainly get there to read, lurk and know I am not the only one struggling some days .

DramaAlpaca Wed 15-May-19 20:07:21

I agree. There should be a separate Teenagers section. Teenagers present very specific challenges & it's helpful to have all threads together.

champagnebrain Wed 15-May-19 20:56:55

Say no to Texit!

Dermymc Wed 15-May-19 21:29:12

I agree. Teenagers should be separate.

AdelaideK Wed 15-May-19 21:32:56

I agree.

ExpletiveDelighted Wed 15-May-19 21:33:42

Totally agree and have posted on the other thread too.

megletthesecond Wed 15-May-19 21:33:45

Are they? I'm just getting into it too.

StoorieHoose Wed 15-May-19 21:34:05

Just added my name to thread. Vast differences in parenting the different ages and to lump them all together would probably mean less people would post

Reasontobelieve Wed 15-May-19 21:35:54

I agree. The Teenage board has always seemed quite active to me - and the queries and issues are unique to his age group.

triptrapdollydumpling Wed 15-May-19 21:37:02

I’ll add my name in. Please don’t get rid!

Breastfeedingworries Wed 15-May-19 21:38:12

Don’t get rid!!

fuckitywhat Wed 15-May-19 21:38:16

Yes. Please keep it.

kateclarke Wed 15-May-19 21:39:05

I also agree. I really rely on that board.

MrsMump Wed 15-May-19 21:42:38

Could someone from MNHQ explain this in more detail.
I agree that a lot of boards could be merged but teenagers is not one of them.
And it would definitely not be suitable with parenting.
Have you read the threads on teenagers? Many of them are asking advice about very difficult, extreme issues. Issues that have no place amongst toddler threads on a generic parenting board.

Peridot1 Wed 15-May-19 21:51:09

Why on Earth? Parenting teens is soooo different to parenting babies and toddlers.

Lots of sections that could be done away with completely but the Teenage board should stay.

Tooyoungforthisshit Wed 15-May-19 21:52:19

I agree with everyone. Please keep the teenage board seperate!

JustLooking2019 Wed 15-May-19 21:53:22

I agree, teenagers needs it’s own board. MN is so useful to everyone but no one wants to trawl through the posts about toddler tantrums, breastfeeding and toilet training to find the relevant posts about the almost-adults we are trying to raise. Same for those in the younger stages do not want to trawl through posts about sex, drugs and GCSEs!

OnMyWhistle Wed 15-May-19 21:54:31

Keep teens separate I say. I’ve been in there numerous times when navigating tricky teen issues and it’s good to have similar people all in one place.

AnyFucker Wed 15-May-19 21:56:48

Eh ?

How is this a good idea ? confused

That board has saved my life (and that of my teens...) on many occasions

Ledkr Wed 15-May-19 21:57:09

Me too. It's a lifeline for some of us and there is such limited support for parents of teens.
If they merge you will get more than the usual clever clogs telling us we are crow and they would never put up with that from their 7 year olds.😔🙄

MadisonAvenue Wed 15-May-19 21:58:41

I agree that this needs keeping. My sons are now late teens and early twenties and, speaking from experience, the teen years present so many problems unique to that age group and the teen forum is as necessary to parents as, for instance, the pregnancy board and behaviour board.

youllhavehadyourtea Wed 15-May-19 22:00:53

Teenagers need a separate space from babies and toddlers and preschoolers etc.

As do their parents.

Come on mumsent - this is primarily a parenting site. Listen to what we , parents of teens, are saying.

Parents of babies turn into parents of teenagers. We need our own space to go to.

I'm well past the baby stage. It would do my head in to wade through posts about nappies. I dont want to be in an eternal world of baby sick and nappies, which is what is in store.

Dont take away our space!

fikel Wed 15-May-19 22:01:21

Don’t get rid of a much needed life line. It can be tough navigating our way through the teenage years at times

GetUpAgain Wed 15-May-19 22:05:27

I lurk on it but don't often post as my DC are private and I don't want to be posting their business online. It's such a helpful board though, even if it might not seem as popular.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »