Talk

Advanced search

What the fuck is this?? Does anyone have gmail and know anything about

(108 Posts)
Helpmesolvethisahh Thu 30-Apr-20 21:39:39

Photo attached

My and my husband going through a tough time due to trust issues. I look through his iPad I’m not even going to deny it. I see this... clicked on the link and apparently it’s the “best dating site” according to google

What is google ads? Could it be an ad he has accidentally clicked on? Or would he have to type this in to the search?

OP’s posts: |
crispysausagerolls Thu 30-Apr-20 21:52:32

I know nothing about gmail but the link itself looks like he has been messaging someone called Albierta on this website

SandyY2K Thu 30-Apr-20 21:54:40

The ads are marketing stuff...I wouldn't take it seriously.

Helpmesolvethisahh Thu 30-Apr-20 21:56:30

The reason we have trust issues is because of websites like this previously sad

Il look more into this later on when he goes to sleep.

RLOU30 Thu 30-Apr-20 22:00:00

He’s been on the website and it’s saved an add

ChandlerIsTheBestFriend Thu 30-Apr-20 22:04:57

Does “abierta” mean “open” in Spanish? Or a closely related language? I don’t think abierta is a name.

ChandlerIsTheBestFriend Thu 30-Apr-20 22:06:55

I’ve googled. It’s does indeed mean open. No idea what that means wrt your situation though OP.

Peanut55 Thu 30-Apr-20 22:09:19

Stop snooping. You will continue to have trust issues. You don't trust him, sit and talk to him about it.

There is no relationship without trust.

anonacatchat Thu 30-Apr-20 22:09:48

Looks like a classic spam email .

Look into what the website it names is / check his history

RLOU30 Thu 30-Apr-20 22:10:05

I’m with gmail
It looks like an activity tracker that’s set as on as a default and saves things to make a more personalised service when using sites and apps
That’s all I can work out could be wrong flowers

WaterIsWide Thu 30-Apr-20 22:10:12

Look in his deleted or trash file. Look in his spam folder. He may well have deleted it which is why it's recorded as activity.

Look in his sent items file too, just to see if he has sent any e-mails regarding this.

Neveranynamesleft Thu 30-Apr-20 22:10:39

Looks like junk ad to me, I would just ignore. Random irrelevant ads pop up all over the place, regardless of what site you are on or whatever. I may be wrong but I think maybe you are just overthinking things.

crispysausagerolls Thu 30-Apr-20 22:13:55

My bad - it looked like a name to me!

RLOU30 Thu 30-Apr-20 22:14:27

I’m so sorry ignore my message completely I looked at apps not ads god I hope you didn’t see my message already that’s the last time I try to google an answer 😩

Boireannachlaidir Thu 30-Apr-20 22:22:05

Please don't waste your life trying to catch him out. If you don't have trust, you have nothing.

caoraich Thu 30-Apr-20 22:25:10

I keep getting these ads from "UK shag" at the top of my promotions tab in my gmail. I find them pretty offensive but don't know how to make them go away. I clicked on one by mistake and I guess it's in my activity tracker now

Londonborncatty Thu 30-Apr-20 22:36:00

Looks like an ad to me. He may have clicked on a spam email but doesn’t look like he has searched it out. If he has looked previously and has the same email address, he probably gets lots of spam ad type emails.
I wouldn’t worry about it unless something else is bothering you.

BeamerTown Thu 30-Apr-20 22:40:00

All this shows is that website has sent him a promotional email (which will appear in his ‘ads’ tab and he has clicked on it.

Helpmesolvethisahh Thu 30-Apr-20 22:43:41

Ok thanks everyone.

Its easier said than done to not check his activity. I’m abit of a mess sad

stayathomer Thu 30-Apr-20 22:44:04

Looks spammy to me to be honest

Helpmesolvethisahh Thu 30-Apr-20 22:44:39

For backstory

He used a webcam site and paid £2000 on it

He paid for a Snapchat subscription for a month for £60 to get videos from a woman

unicornpoopoop Thu 30-Apr-20 22:52:02

There are several reasons an ad would show in an inbox. They could be display adverts which show up because you've been on that website so the adverts then follow you around - including in your inbox to look like a real ad. Or it could be targets eg men between a certain age.
It's impossible to tell really. But if you've got access to his web history, you should be able to see if there's any previous activity on that website.
I think if it was accessed through incognito mode then there wouldn't be a cookie left for display ads to follow him around.

SliAnCroix Thu 30-Apr-20 22:57:12

Wow, how can you be happy with him when you have to overlook what he did 'the last time'.

That's a lot to somehow ignore.

AManSpeaks Thu 30-Apr-20 22:57:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SliAnCroix Thu 30-Apr-20 22:59:21

Yeh, but your ads are targeted at you because of what you look at online.

I see ads for Alex Monroe Jewellery, handbags, New houses...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in