Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm still extremely angry still.

(34 Posts)
OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:01:58

I created this thead on aibu. https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2942617-Aibu-to-tell-my-dc-dad-is-not-bio-dad

It was a stupid idea and I'm going to do it. I'll copy the background for here.

I'm 35 my former partner and father to my two twin boys aged three and a half is 23 Back when I was pregnant with them about 7 months I caught my then partner in bed with a man. He had been having an affair with a man for 4 months and he decided to leave me for this partner, but assured me that he would be there for his children. He saw them after they were born and has not seen them since, not for birthdays or anything not even cards.

During the relationship my partner had no job but I helped him out paid for him while what I thought was a brilliant relationship. I would pay for everything for him. He never told me that he was bisexual.

I feel angry at him and myself, I am angry at him for not being their for his children and how it may impact them. I'm angry for him cheating on my while 7 months pregnant.
Im angry at myself for fooling for him, for not realising he was a 22 year old who liked partying, for me being used as a free ride.

I find myself looking through social media of him through a fake account. I hate how he lives a lifestyle of partying and how he has taken no responsibility. How he said to me that he wanted dc with me.

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 30-May-17 21:03:56

Is he paying you child maintenance? Does he have a job now?

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:05:09

No he hasn't paid a penny. I'm not sure he was ever looking for a job, someone must be paying for his holidays and lifestyle. But I don't know.

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:07:43

During the relationship I paid for everything 100%.

noova61 Tue 30-May-17 21:10:57

Im sorry, but I genuinely dont think hes going to be in your childrens lives at all. Hes all for partying and holidays etc...
Give your children all your love, they are the innocent ones and move on, stop looking for him on social media, it will only eat away at you.

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 30-May-17 21:12:00

Well there's not much you can do about the past (no matter how irritating), but I would apply for maintenance. Even if you only get a pittance it means he's being held accountable...

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:14:19

*Im sorry, but I genuinely dont think hes going to be in your childrens lives at all. Hes all for partying and holidays etc...
Give your children all your love, they are the innocent ones and move on, stop looking for him on social media, it will only eat away at you.*

I just don't understand why, he can still have the partying and things but still send cards or come and visit.

C0untDucku1a Tue 30-May-17 21:14:37

Is he 22 or 23? How long were you in a relationship with the 18 year old before you got pregnant by him? If he left you at 7 months pregnant it can't have been a long relationship or he couldn't have been an adult when you met him?

Or have I completely got the wrong end of the stick with the ages? 3.5 yr old twins. 8 month pregnancy. Relationship. 22 year old expartner??

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:15:07

Well there's not much you can do about the past (no matter how irritating), but I would apply for maintenance. Even if you only get a pittance it means he's being held accountable...*

I'm definitely going to do this.

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:17:26

the relationship with about a year and half he was twenty two when I had dc, he was j21 when I met him. So i assume he is 24/25 now.

NotHotDogMum Tue 30-May-17 21:18:03

Because he can't face responsibility, he is selfish and weak, by staying in their lives he would have to face what a failure of a human he is.

The image we all portray on FB is not real life, it's a place where lives appear perfect. The reality of his life is not what you see on FB.

You are doing an excellent job and your DC are better off without him. Delete your fake FB account, block him and stop looking back, concentrate on your future, it will be so much better without him in it. flowers

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:18:50

Or have I completely got the wrong end of the stick with the ages? 3.5 yr old twins. 8 month pregnancy. Relationship. 22 year old expartner

Yes that's it

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:20:00

You are doing an excellent job and your DC are better off without him. Delete your fake FB account, block him and stop looking back, concentrate on your future, it will be so much better without him in it.

I'm going to block him.

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:26:59

I'm having second thoughts on maintaince as taking his money would imply he had a role in their upbringing when he didn't.

mydietstartsmonday Tue 30-May-17 21:33:46

He was 21, was it a joint decision to have a child? He was very young and probably shit scared of the responsibility and has bailed.
Sad for your children. I know it takes two to tango but you need to ensure the father of your children is someone you can rely on.
Looks like you have found a good man, build your relationship with him and introduce him slowly to them.
Good luck.

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:37:38

No I feel pregant and I asked if he wanted a baby he said yes.

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 21:40:49

Also don't you think I get that's why I am angry with myself.

OnlyANameChange Tue 30-May-17 22:03:24

Bump

inlectorecumbit Tue 30-May-17 22:22:05

i don't think he wants to have any part in the DC;s lives but that is no reason for him not to be held accountable for some maintenance even if it is a pittance.
Get onto CMS £10 is better than nothing

MoggieMaeEverso Tue 30-May-17 22:23:36

Accepting maintenance on behalf of your children doesn't imply he had a hand in their upbringing! It simply ensures that your children are provided for by both of their biological parents.

Can you get some counselling to help you work through these feelings? Or attend a meditation course? It sounds like you are really hurting and the feelings are not just going to go away on their own.

Funnyfarmer Tue 30-May-17 22:30:02

Does your new partner know you stalk your ex on social media?

bloodymaria Tue 30-May-17 22:39:30

taking his money would imply he had a role in their upbringing when he didn't

I disagree. It's the very least of his responsibility to provide financially for his children. As it seems likely that they'll grow up without knowing him, I doubt they'll hold him in high regard even if he pays maintenance.

EezerGoode Tue 30-May-17 22:43:36

Don't be angry with yourself..you have 2 amazing children...if you hadn't had your ex for a dad,then you wouldn't have those exact children x

EezerGoode Tue 30-May-17 22:47:13

No good will come from this negativity..isn't there a saying that goes like this...god grant me the serenity to change the things I can-change.accept the things I can't and have the wisdom to know the difference...I think you can't change your ex....but you can make him pay financially x

fannyanddick Tue 30-May-17 23:38:02

If you would like him to have some part in your children's life, have you said to him what you said here. I.e. 'I get that you don't want a full on father role, but would you be interested in a smaller role-gifts on birthdays,popping in for coffee and a play once a month.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now