Talk

Advanced search

Renting and want to repaint - good alternative to Magnolia?

(14 Posts)
Moominmamma86 Sat 06-Jun-15 15:00:38

We're just moving into a rented flat which has slightly grimy Magnolia walls. I would really like to freshen it up but we need to go for something pretty neutral to avoid having to repaint again if and when we move. Can anybody suggest a pretty fail-safe neutral? I find the Magnolia rather beige / too yellow and I'd like a colour that will give a subtle 'lift' ikwim, as the flat doesn't get a huge amount of sun. The carpets are a beigey colour too. Also can anyone tell me if the Dulux endurance paints are worth buying? We have a toddler so I thought it might be more hardy.

Paddingtonthebear Sat 06-Jun-15 15:05:19

We have bleached lichen 3 by Dulux, it's one of the colours that they have to mix up in store

Marmitelover55 Sat 06-Jun-15 16:54:18

Dulux Timeless is a lovely

kitty1989 Sat 06-Jun-15 16:58:30

We've just done ours in Almond White after seeing it in MILs house

scruffypelota Mon 08-Jun-15 19:06:48

+1 for Dulux timeless

Sunnyshores Mon 08-Jun-15 19:11:02

I assume the Landlord has said its OK to repaint? Did they limit you to any colours/ranges (I say Wickes trade paint s it has lots of colours but is cheap - not magnolia though)

specialsubject Mon 08-Jun-15 19:50:48

please don't use specially mixed colours, costs a fortune and makes life difficult all round.

as noted, is the landlord ok with this? Do you have accidental damage insurance for that 'foot in paint' situation which can happen to the best of us?

CrapBag Mon 08-Jun-15 22:16:56

I like Dulux Natural Hessian. Had it in our last house and will have it in our new house. We also have natural calico in our front room and will be having natural wicker in DS's room.

emwithme Mon 08-Jun-15 23:16:32

We've got dulux natural calico. Very nice, warm colour without being "in your face" magnolia.

JKArchitect Tue 09-Jun-15 23:00:49

Keep it modern and clean, go for an off white. Magnolia is awful.

knittedslippersx2 Tue 09-Jun-15 23:02:51

Home base contemporary is really nice

Lagoonablue Tue 09-Jun-15 23:06:05

Crown shed White is nice.

Lagoonablue Tue 09-Jun-15 23:06:36

Aged white. Wtf is shed white?????

HelenF350 Tue 09-Jun-15 23:06:52

My mum has painted her entire house (including the ceilings!) natural calico. Is actually a great colour, not too stark and not too beige. Room looks bigger if you paint the ceiling the same colour too (as long as it's very pale) and it means no fiddly cutting in. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now