Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any experience of Blinds UK?

(7 Posts)
nancerama Mon 19-Nov-12 10:57:07

I've ordered some samples from www.blindsuk.net and they have some beautiful fabrics. Their made to measure service seems pretty reasonable.

Before I chuck them a load of cash, I'd like to hear about other experiences (good or bad).

Any other recommendations for places to get made to measure blinds and curtains?

SunnyUpNorth Mon 19-Nov-12 15:15:56

This recent thread might be useful
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/1614632-Roman-blinds-and-wooden-blinds-anyone-used-blinds-247

I too am going to order some roman blinds off the net, there are so many companies that look good and seem really good value, it makes it hard to choose who to use!

moniqueg Fri 09-May-14 14:42:28

Hey there, I ordered 2 curtains from blindsuk.net for my mother's house and she is quite pleased as she is quite fussy about things. The fabric is really nice and the warm colours really go with her traditional house.

I myself will be buying some blinds in the near future.

Really recommend them!

Henry90 Mon 12-May-14 10:54:31

Eager to say that you can definitely trust this company. I find it very clever that they offer made to measure products. I had no problems with my vertical blind when fitting it against my large-sized window.
The blind is steady as I have two little dogs always running around the bottom of the window. I'm glad I made the decision of ordering online. Good quality blind at a competitive price.

user1465935244 Tue 14-Jun-16 21:20:35

I have had recent experience and have had cause to write a far from flattering review.
The website explains how to measure as we always have – (Stating they deduct for the recess) and in fact these last two blinds were replacing their original blinds and we used the very same measurements. HOWEVER their “get out” is in their terms and conditions which gives them a 2-5 mm tolerance hence when their supplier (a new one I was told) does not take the stated opening allowance off they WILL NOT HELP. I was assured as a “gesture of good will” they would be altered FOC, which was revoked once the blinds were returned and we were charged an extra £47 to alter two blinds. Most of my calls were greeted by an answer phone and emails took two days to answer, Recourse is extremely hard to achieve, there is no official complaints procedure on their website. How can you have a made to measure blind when they give themselves tolerances in their T&Cs so the blind will not fit into your recess!! We stated on every occasion we had had dozens of blinds from them in the past and if solved amicably would have ordered more but now we will avoid them hence this review.

anneskev Thu 15-Dec-16 13:14:40

I recently spent £340+ with blindsuk.net. One of the items is substandard, they disagree. They have my money. Basically you get what you pay for. John Lewis or Marks would have honoured the refund status no questions asked. I will never buy this sort of thing on line again

Magstermay Fri 16-Dec-16 20:15:02

I've bought 2 roller blinds and a Roman blind from them, no complaints. I don't think they are excellent quality but that is reflected in the price. They fitted fine.
My only annoyance was when trying to buy energy saving roller blinds they do not make it clear that different fabrics have different energy ratings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now