Roman blinds and wooden blinds - anyone used blinds 247

(7 Posts)
Sandgroper Sat 17-Nov-12 11:55:51

Hi

We have 9 windows to cover in our new extension and Hillarys just came round and measured up and are way over our budget, even with their special offers. We want 2 roman blinds and the rest wooden blinds!

Has anyone used Blinds 247? Would be interested to hear what the quality is like? The prices seem to be a lot cheaper and I can't help wondering if there is a reason behind this e.g. cheap and nasty.

Or can you recommend someone else? Don't mind fitting them ourselves to save money!

Many thanks

RatherNot Sat 17-Nov-12 12:28:45

I used Blinds2go/Tuiss for plain white roman blinds and so far so good. Much cheaper than any high street store. Also got some duoshade blinds for inside my plantation shutters and again, Blinds2go were beyond helpful sending me lots of different brackets. Can't comment on their venetians though.

WholeLottaRosie Sat 17-Nov-12 14:17:16

We used Hillarys for our living room blinds, never again! We had quite a few problems with them not turning up for appointments, then being promised a delivery date that came and went with no blinds, then when the blinds did arrive they didn't fit...
Most annoying thing was that we couldn't get a straight price from the rep, he had a folder full of codes and couldn't show us anything to say what the 'official' price was, with or without discounts.

Since then we've used Blinds 247 for a kitchen roller blind and matching curtains. They were excellent, were happy to drop the price further because I'd found somewhere a little cheaper, pretty fast delivery, and the quality is fine.

Another one we've used a lot is Concept Blinds, they send samples out next day post and once ordered blinds come within four or five days. I can't see any difference in quality between what we've ordered from Concept and those we got from Hillarys but it worked out massively cheaper.

Flossiechops Sat 17-Nov-12 17:57:11

Hi there, yes we have them all over our house. I have roman blinds for my 5 sided bay in the lounge and white wooden blinds with coloured ladder tapes elsewhere. The quality is absolutely fine, we have been really really pleased with them. The Romans are plain white and have been for around 3.5 years now and still look as nice as the day we had them. If I recall the wooden blinds came the next day! Don't waste your money on Hilary's hth smile

SunnyUpNorth Sat 17-Nov-12 18:31:54

Watching with interest. I need quite a few roman blinds and have been looking at blinds 247, tuiss and blinds4uk. Have requested samples from all so far and was impressed with their speed sending them out. They are also very reasonable and the samples seem good quality.

If I order I'll let you know how I get on.

indiegrrl Sat 17-Nov-12 18:57:26

We used 247 and they were great. Got cheap roller blackout blinds and they were great quality. We had to cut them to size, which we knew in advance (well, we got my mum to do that, we're hopeless) and she said they were very easy to cut, very good quality material.

Sandgroper Sun 18-Nov-12 17:06:23

Thanks everyone for your very useful replies.

Looks like we will give Hillary's the flick and go with Blinds 247 and save ourselves some money! Will report back when they arrive.

Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now