Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Really bad period pains 39+6 weeks pregnant

(95 Posts)
MommaVixen Tue 20-Feb-18 12:48:26

Hi Everyone

Been having light period like pains for the passed 2 weeks.
Yesterday about 1pm i got up with seriously bad cramp like pain in the left side of my back which also came round to the stomach.
Then just had really bad uncomfortable period like pains all day.
The woke up again this mornimg at 9am with the exact same thing. Went for a bath but didnt relax anything.
Dont know what to make of it as im a first time Mum.
I called the MW but she said wait until theyre more regular.
They havent been much help through all the pregnancy so would like a bit of advice from anyone.
Along with all this nausea and sorry TMI but very loose poos?

Bastardingcough Tue 20-Feb-18 12:49:24

You're in early labour.

TieDyedBumhole Tue 20-Feb-18 12:49:59

Sounds like you’re in labour flowers

BossWitch Tue 20-Feb-18 12:50:36

Labour!

katplva Tue 20-Feb-18 12:53:07

This was how my first labour started, along with the slight diarrhoea and nausea. My initial labour pains felt very like strong period pains, at the front and back. Try a gentle walk and warm bath to see if they ease at all. It could take a few hours or a couple of days to ramp up properly, but to me it sounds like labour could be imminent! Good luck!

MommaVixen Tue 20-Feb-18 12:57:34

Is there any recommendations on what i can do to ease it. Tried the bath no joy. Paracetamol wont work. How long do the early stages last roughly? Been like this for 2 days. Just want it be over 😂 cleaned the whole house yesterday. Just not helped myself

TieDyedBumhole Tue 20-Feb-18 12:59:20

Have you got a gym/birthing ball you could bounce on?

MommaVixen Tue 20-Feb-18 13:03:31

Yeh i havent dared try it incase i fall off 😂

Buxbaum Tue 20-Feb-18 13:17:29

Do you have, or can you borrow, a TENS machine? I found it a godsend in the latent stage.

MommaVixen Tue 20-Feb-18 13:19:29

Where do you get them from? Ive never heard of one before

Chipsahoy Tue 20-Feb-18 13:20:50

Early slow labour. Might make established labour much quicker, it did for me. Weeks of pains and then he came out in an hr.

MommaVixen Tue 20-Feb-18 13:23:05

Chipsahoy lets hope so 😄 cant wait meet LO

Buxbaum Tue 20-Feb-18 13:25:59

Ask mw if they have them to lend out, or see if a friend has one?

reallybadidea Tue 20-Feb-18 14:37:06

I found a hot water bottle really helpful during early labour. I tucked it into my trousers and tried to keep relatively busy to keep my mind off things. I personally think that deliberately trying to ramp things up by walking around/bouncing on a ball just makes you more conscious of it, without really achieving very much! Keep taking the paracetamol every 4-6 hours, even if you don't feel it's doing much then it may take the edge off it.

Good luck.

MommaVixen Tue 20-Feb-18 14:42:12

Thank you smile been out to walk the dogs with my partner (obviously hes holding them as well as me 😂). Tried finding things to do around the house. Just so tedious. Nervous n anxious. Just want him here now knowing everythings gone fine smile

Potteryprincess30 Tue 20-Feb-18 14:51:29

How exciting, live labour thread from the sounds of it smile

@MommaVixen I honestly think the slowness is worth it as I agree with @Chipsahoy in the fact it seems to make established much quicker and felt a lot less painful actually then the days of niggling contractions ect.

Sounds like you could have your little one by tomorrow bear

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Tue 20-Feb-18 14:55:04

Absolutely agree that this is a good sign. I had this with DC1 and it was frustrating but meant that my body was doing what it needed to do to have a good labour. Nice, slow, long start will make it easier in the long term!

ememem84 Tue 20-Feb-18 14:56:20

i felt like this the day before i had ds. i sort of just ignored it as braxton hicks (although i had no idea what they felt like as first baby and all that...) all day i just carried on doing things, had a rubbish night sleep, and then had ds at 7pm the next day. went to hospital at 3.

good luck!

OlennasWimple Tue 20-Feb-18 14:57:23

You realise that you are now committed to a live labour thread...? wink

Fingers crossed that everything goes well - sounds like you're off to a good start at least

MommaVixen Tue 20-Feb-18 14:58:07

I hope i get to meet him by tomorrow smile as scary and painful as it is at the moment im so excited. Never thought id be able have kids. Been trying for a long time so its all deffo worth it 😄 x

BadlyParkedRangeRover Tue 20-Feb-18 14:58:46

Good luck!

MommaVixen Tue 20-Feb-18 15:00:32

Haha its good site. With being first timer, its nice to talk to other people about things. Not nice not knowing what things are supposed to feel like or not knowing whats going on. Felt like ive been in limbo for ages ha

brizzledrizzle Tue 20-Feb-18 15:01:29

Stand by to meet your baby :-)

Potteryprincess30 Tue 20-Feb-18 15:04:06

@MommaVixen how exciting for you!

I must admit to living vicariously though your thread a bit though as am 38 weeks so fairly invested emotionally in babies and birthday at the mo grin

All the best to you and my only advice would be another bath, even to just kill time frankly. The walk sounded like a great idea too, better then squirming and pacing around that's for sure

Potteryprincess30 Tue 20-Feb-18 15:05:08

*birthing

not birthdays.....though it will be somebodies birthday soon smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: