Christian Prayer Thread 2

(88 Posts)
Lissette Tue 07-Mar-17 13:28:50

Starting new thread so that the other thread doesn't run out before Bes can start a new one with her introduction.

BlackeyedSusan Tue 07-Mar-17 13:53:46

thanks.

CocoaLeaves Tue 07-Mar-17 17:45:37

Many thanks Lissette

Orchidflower1 Tue 07-Mar-17 17:57:37

Thanks lissette
Hope all have had a good day xx

Madhairday Wed 08-Mar-17 09:00:56

Thanks Lissette flowers

How is everyone?

I'm not doing too well with my health, lungs are being rubbish and painful. Would love prayer for easier breathing

Dutchoma Wed 08-Mar-17 09:34:36

Prayer being made MHD.

Orchidflower1 Wed 08-Mar-17 12:15:51

Prayers for you mhd and for all with health issues from my dd annoying blister ( plasters provided to take to school ) to the big things.

I've been for blood tests this morning- and found it stressful but prayed whilst in there. Tired now from adrenaline but sitting waiting for more energy.

sadandanxious Wed 08-Mar-17 12:32:04

Many thanks Lissette

Prayers for you MHD. I'm sorry it was stressful for you orchid. I hope you find more energy or can have a somewhat restful afternoon.

Last night was very horrible with my mental health. Sorry if this isn't allowed but I have turned back self harm over the last few weeks. Last night it was bad, not hospital bad but still bad and DP thinks I need the steri strip things to close it. My prayer book reading this week is very apt "if we ignore the root cause of our wounds, we will continue to be wounded, even if we heal some of the damage. We might fix what has been harmed. But if we continue doing what caused the harm in the first place, we will simply acquire (or inflict) new wounds because the core activity has not changed."

I am very grateful I am seeing a good counsellor at the moment. I have had mental health issues for the last 8 years and have self harmed on and off for 7 of those. But I really feel that with God, with my counsellor, my DP and all the other support I have that 2017 can be the year I turn away from the self harm, to confront the issues head on and heal from them to move forwards more positively.

Prayers for all who are dealing with health issues at the moment, for those who need support may you get that support from a God and those around us.

And love to you all. Though I have name changed and have not been on these threads in a while I still remember very clearly the depth of the support provided to me here. It's a wonderful community of people from all ages and backgrounds who are brought together purely through their love of God and I am so so grateful for that, thank you.

sadandanxious Wed 08-Mar-17 12:32:38

Oops. From a God should obviously just be from God.

Dutchoma Wed 08-Mar-17 13:18:19

sadandanxious I am so glad you feel able to share your worries with us. Of course you are 'allowed' to say anything you want to share, although we will never want to pry or be nosy. It's wonderful that you have the support of your dp and a counsellor, you also have the support of my prayers in your struggle with mental health issues. This is a really helpful place to come for support: on the other thread MHD called it the Mumsnet church. I hope today is better for you and for Orchid as well.
Joe and his mother are on their way to London for tests. They'll be back home on Friday.

sadandanxious Wed 08-Mar-17 13:35:14

Thank you oma for your prayers and kind words. I meant allowed in the sense that I've previously had a thread deleted for talking openly about certain aspects of my mental health so I'm hoping what I've said is okay.

Mumsnet church is a very good way to describe it.

I hope and pray Joe and his mother are okay.

Dutchoma Wed 08-Mar-17 13:38:11

Not from this board I would hope. I like to think that people will feel safe enough to share intimatate thoughts without the fear of being judged or berated.

Orchidflower1 Wed 08-Mar-17 13:42:17

saa this thread is a wonderful place to vent and I have found it enourmously helpful. Praying for you - glad your dh suppportivr xx

sadandanxious Wed 08-Mar-17 14:33:59

No Oma it was from the mental health board - because I tried speaking openly about my suicide attempt. Thankfully I have never had a post / thread deleted from this board and you are right, we can talk openly about intimate thoughts and it's a very non-judgemental and supportive place.

Orchid I am so glad you have found this board very helpful.

Madhairday Wed 08-Mar-17 15:14:31

Sad just to say I am praying for you. flowers so glad you can share with us here.

CocoaLeaves Wed 08-Mar-17 19:11:21

Oh saa I am glad you feel able to speak freely here, and I am equally glad that you have real life support as well. I am praying for you flowers
The quote you wrote from your prayer book is true, but healing is a process. Hopefully one which starts, or is helped, by talking and praying. You are doing very well, notice that, you are here telling us how you have been feeling. That is important.

MHD also praying for easier breathing and improved lungs for you.

Well done with the blood tests Orchid

Prayers also for Joe and trazzletoes

Prayers more generally for all in need of God's love flowers

sadandanxious Wed 08-Mar-17 20:45:56

Thank you both. This evening I am very sleepy and a little anxious. My psychiatrist has increased my medication which has a very sedative effect on me, with a gradual increase over a week or two. The first increase was on friday and I slept most of saturday. Tonight is the second increase and I'm worried how it'll impact me tomorrow and my ability to work. But, that is tomorrow's worry.

I like and wanted to share the prayer this evening from my prayer book:

Look down, O Lord,
from your heavenly throne,
illuminate the darkness of this night
with your celestial brightness,
and from the children of light
banish the deeds of darkness;
through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen

Orchidflower1 Wed 08-Mar-17 21:16:24

saa hope your work is ok tom.

CocoaLeaves Wed 08-Mar-17 21:31:06

Amen

BlackeyedSusan Thu 09-Mar-17 07:46:51

The painter has been, the curtains were mostly shut as it was a calm day. the living room is a lot cleaner and tidier. I celebrated by crocheting the first half of a square.

the study group this morning is at a different house so got to look for that. (eek)

Madhairday Thu 09-Mar-17 08:46:10

Hope your morning goes well bes!

Praying for you Sad flowers

Thanks for prayers. Breathing is easier this morning smile yesterday it hurt to breathe in at all and I couldn't even walk to the kitchen without feeling faint with breathlessness. Today much better so far. Better weather does help.

sadandanxious Thu 09-Mar-17 08:59:38

Bes well done on crocheting and getting the living room cleaner, that's fantastic.

mhd I'm so glad youre breathing is better today. I pray that it may continue to improve. flowers The nicer weather makes a world of difference to so many things doesn't it.

I feel knocked for six this morning. I have been mostly hiding in my office since I got in at 8, drinking tea and catching up on the news. I'm itching to get outside. I don't mean to wish my day away but I'm looking forward to getting out for a walk at lunch. Thankfully where I work is surrounded by hills and lush greenery so it's wonderful to get out even if just for 15 / 20 mins.

Dutchoma Thu 09-Mar-17 09:43:34

I don't think the painter was in any way interested in the state of your sitting room, BES but well done on the tidying and cleaning.
So glad your breathing has improved MHD, the weather does make a lot of difference.
SAD I do hope you get out at lunchtime, surrounded by green hills sounds nice.

sadandanxious Thu 09-Mar-17 09:56:31

I didn't know where else to share this and I'm trying to find the words to voice it without breaching any guidelines. I feel like this is probably the safest space to share it in. Last night I threw out everything to do with my self harm (again...) so now I don't have the means to do it, or perhaps more accurately it's made it significantly harder to do it and therefore can no longer do it on impulse. It feels like quite a significant moment, to take the step of throwing things out and one small step forwards in recovery.

Dutchoma Thu 09-Mar-17 12:29:20

Well done saa. Now keep in touch with us and we can share every small victory with you. This is a step in the right direction, keep going, tell us about it, we rejoice with you and thank God for the progress you make. Thank you for sharing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now