Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for replacing bulb in Neff oven?

(9 Posts)
TimeForLunch Wed 15-Jun-11 15:15:12

The bulb in our oven needs replacing, but the lamp cover won't come off! It is literally baked on, I think. I bought a removing tool specific for this purpose from Neff but it still won't budge. If anyone else has had the same problem and overcome it I would love to hear how you did it!

bestbefore Wed 15-Jun-11 19:12:50

don't know about that but be careful if you ever get in there with a new bulb...i had one explode everywhere when my head was in the oven (changing the bulb), it was amazing I didn't get cut
is it a glass kind of ramekin shape thing? Could you try giving it a scrub with some washing up liquid somehow?

TimeForLunch Thu 16-Jun-11 19:57:54

Wow, that sounds scary, glad you weren't hurt. Yes it does look a bit like a ramekin but unfortunately I can't get to the screw bit to clean it. Thanks anyway.

Littleover Fri 17-Jun-11 17:03:00

My Neff oven light is the same, we inherited the oven when we moved and the bulb went around Christmas. Tried to get it off myself, did the washing up liquid trick but it wouldn't budge. The element needed replacing last month and the repair guy ( with his special tool no less ) couldn't remove the bulb cover either. He said it would probably come off when the oven was warm but it would shatter and be a bugger to get out. The oven is about 30 years old and I love it, even if it is dark in there......

TimeForLunch Sun 26-Jun-11 19:49:54

Thanks Littleover, have only just seen your response. Sounds like a very similar situation. I am now getting used to peering into the dark! Time to accept that is going to be the case forever more, I think. Please do let me know if you ever manage to change yours, though!

powerv Wed 06-Nov-13 14:37:57

Did Anybody remove the glass covering around the bulb in an Neff oven.
I need to poi in a new bulb but I cannot remove the covering

10Ocr Thu 11-Dec-14 17:52:37

Same problem in the main oven with a 1 year old NEF U15M52 Double Oven.

Found advice on another site:
Hold a bit of wood against one of the ridges on the glass cover and tap the other end of the wood with a hammer.

Took a few taps bit it did start moving and came off okay.
It wasn't dirty at all so it must just be the design.

WorriedMan Mon 07-Dec-15 13:00:48

Turn the oven off at the mains and then unscrew the glass case, it's a safety device.

Bertiewooster1 Sun 24-Jul-16 16:27:09

Thanks for the tip. My bulb needed replacing 4 years ago, but had the same problem as everyone else. Today I used a handheld steam cleaner around the bulb casing to loosen it, then switched it off at the mains (as advised in this blog). And hey presto it unscrewed and now I have light in my oven. So a BIG THANK YOU to you. PS if you have a hand steamer use it to clean the oven its great, 1st time takes ages due to the grime, but after that its a joy not a chore

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now