Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation sickness - anyone get this?

(14 Posts)
bakeitup Sun 20-Aug-17 12:56:05

Since having children (never happened before) I get really incredibly nauseous around ovulation (feels like morning sickness) and also often the day before my AF starts.

Anyone else get this? It's awful and actually puts me off having another DC, have consisted it but the monthly reminder of how bad morning sickness is just makes me shudder. Interestingly I had hardly any morning sickness with DC1 but quote a bit with DC2 (both girls!) and I between those pregnancies developed getting motion sickness (never before) and started getting these weird hormonal nausea episodes.

Interested to hear if anyone else gets it and if so if you've found a cure...

OP’s posts: |
bakeitup Sun 20-Aug-17 12:57:20

Ps sorry for typos, predictive typing! Should read that I have considered another DC but have been put off by this.

pinkdonkey Sun 20-Aug-17 13:06:22

I get terrible nausea some months sometimes it lasts from ovulation until AF starts, sometimes just the week leading up to AF, sometimes I don't seem to get it at all. I've not had DC yet so can't compare to morning sickness, slightly concerned that it's a pedictor of hyperemisis as I'm thinking its an oversensitivity to progesterone from what I've read.

bakeitup Sun 20-Aug-17 13:17:32

Yes mine also seems like that, some months almost non existent and others debilitating. Dr prescribed cyclizine but it doesn't really work hmm

pinkdonkey Sun 20-Aug-17 13:22:36

Mine was less of a problem when I was on the pill, hit like a ton of bricks the first few months of ttc. Nearly threw up seeing the meat display in the supermarket the first month, was convinced I was pregnant lol. Never mentioned it to my Dr though.

vitadolce2015 Wed 30-Aug-17 13:42:35

@NimbleKnitter now I think about it I've been feeling really queasy last few days..I never knew progesterone did that? Always learning!!

Lowri93 Wed 10-Jul-19 18:38:59

Hi, I’ve never messaged on a thread before but after looking for answers to my symptoms I’ve come across this one! @bakeitup you’ve discover exactly how I’ve been feeling! It’s like I’ve written it myself, the motion sickness, the bad nausea every month around ovulation. I was just wondering if you’ve had any answers for yours?

maria111111 Tue 15-Oct-19 17:26:38

@Lowri93 I’m with you here. Nausea around ovulation but also anxious.

Anyone got this as well?

Delatron Wed 16-Oct-19 20:15:54

I get very, very tired and then get ovulation pain. Then after a day or two o get angry PMT. I feel good for about 1 week every month.

Huntersmummy2016 Fri 01-Nov-19 21:47:24

Oh my goodness, I’m so glad I’m not alone. Is there anything that can help this? I’m not keen on going back on the pill but I’m thinking this is the only choice if I want some kind of normal life again.

ForeverBaffled Sat 02-Nov-19 11:11:12

Urgh same! Nausea and really bad wind around ovulation. Oh and horrible anxiety for a few days before and during. Much worse since having my son.

Sorensmum Sat 30-Nov-19 12:21:26

Omg me too! And my boobs get a bit more sensitive and I get as moody as I do with pmt!

ElBatista Sun 01-Dec-19 17:23:48

Constipation is common around ovulation, I find prunes help lol. I also get really tired, I find a good 9-10 hour sleep or two sorts me out. Great excuse for an early night IMO. I think its to do with the immune system taking a whack with the hormonal shift, I try and eat clean around then and it does help.

Also eating vegetarian / little and often - starchy carbs like sweet potatoes and carrots, and rice and beans together which make a complete protein. Helps keep blood sugar stable which gets more sensitive around ovulation/periods. I had a period where I felt like I was coming down with something every time I ovulated.

I can't take the pill for medical reasons so I have spent a lot of time working out my hormones/balance!

Mandrel Tue 04-Feb-20 01:55:41

Hi, all. I came across this thread as I was googling my symptoms. I have spent the last year having lots of blood work, scans and doctor visits to finally be told my problem is something to do with my ovulation. I have noticed that almost every 4 weeks, I have the following symptoms for one day only: lightheadedness, shaky, weak, foggy head, short of breath. Once those symptoms subside I am nauseous for several days after. Does anyone else experience symptoms like this?? It is quite debilitating while it’s happening. The doc has prescribed birth control to see if that helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »