Talk

Advanced search

Zoggs swimming costume

(16 Posts)
Undercoverbanana Sun 08-Oct-17 21:59:13

True to size?

Is a Zoggs size 8 a Primark/H&M 8 or a M&S/Next 8?

Clothes sizing is so unpredictable unless you are familiar with the brand.

TIA.

Undercoverbanana Mon 09-Oct-17 07:19:02

Anyone familiar with the brand out there, please?

bruffin Mon 09-Oct-17 07:30:19

I would say true to size. I love my zogg swimsuit , it has lasted up to 4 swims a week for years , when all my friends speedos have got thin and been replaced several times

bruffin Mon 09-Oct-17 07:31:29

I would say most swimsuits come up small so would go with primark 8

treaclesoda Mon 09-Oct-17 07:32:08

My Zoggs swimsuits would be more like M&S sizing than H&M sizing.

They're fantastic quality, have had them for years.

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Oct-17 07:32:22

I find Zoggs quite short in the body. Something to bear in mind if you are long in the body.

Bananmanfan Mon 09-Oct-17 07:32:35

I have 1 in a 12; i'm normally a 10, but have to go bigger for the length. The 10 was perfect fit apart from the length (looked a bit borat).

Undercoverbanana Mon 09-Oct-17 08:10:54

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

My current costume has gone all "baggy cling film". It is in a terrible state. I am determined to make it last out 2017 but I am so embarrassed when I wear it. When I get out of the pool, the bum bit sort of hangs down and flaps behind me. I am buying no clothes in 2017 and this is my most urgent clothes problem! I have no idea what it actually looks like - it's probably better that I don't.

Never bought Zoggs before but they sound good.

Undercoverbanana Mon 09-Oct-17 08:12:13

Bananmanfan - Love the Borat description. I don't think I need to be doing that at my local pool.

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Oct-17 12:34:48

A swimsuit is not clothes though. It’s sports equipment. FWIW, I have never had a problem with Speedo suits made from their “Endurance” fabric, which seems to be bombproof. Old season colours are often heavily reduced on Get the Label.

BLUEsNewSpringWatch Mon 09-Oct-17 12:38:57

I've got a long-length zoggs and went down a size (from asda size as I was loosing weight so didn't want to buy one that wouldn't last but was desperate due to existing ones elastic going) and it was just about ok.

Undercoverbanana Mon 09-Oct-17 19:04:45

Loving the Get the Label site. Soooo tempted. Thanks for all the advice.

TommyandGina Mon 09-Oct-17 19:10:05

Zoggs do a longer length as well. What is a 12 for me in a Zoggs would’ve been a 14 in another brand.

TommyandGina Mon 09-Oct-17 19:11:47

Classic me not reading the thread there! What BLUE said grin above!

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Oct-17 19:21:23

Awesome!!! I didn’t realise Zoggs did a long length!!

BLUEsNewSpringWatch Tue 10-Oct-17 17:01:44

Zoggs was the only swimming costume with longer-length sizing options I could find, that didn't have that horrible tummy control mesh inside or cost over £50!

I cannot wear normal length swimming costumes even if I go up 2 sizes (then they just end up baggy but with the cups still practically on my waist)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now