Talk

Advanced search

Do you put your trainers in the washing machine?

(9 Posts)
cheapandcheerful Mon 15-Feb-16 16:57:29

And if so, what temperature and how do you dry them?

I think mine need a really good wash after a couple of VERY muddy parkruns. They are cheap trainers so I'm not precious about them but I'm a bit worried about how to dry them in this damp cold weather. I'm toying with the idea of just bunging them in the airing cupboard and hoping for the best...

FinnMcCool Mon 15-Feb-16 17:00:27

I wash DS's in the machine. On 40 degrees. They come out well.
I dry them under the radiator sometimes stuffed with newspapers and sometimes not.

OooLookShoes Mon 15-Feb-16 17:05:46

I wouldn't machine wash my 'best' running shoes, but once I buy a new pair of trainers the old ones get relegated to stuff like muddy park runs and get chucked in the machine.

Stuff with paper and old towels. Most modern trainers are very wicking and they will dry quicker than you think.

Hassled Mon 15-Feb-16 17:08:29

Yes, on 30 with a very slow spin. And a towel or something I don't care about to muffle the noise a bit. I stick them on a radiator to dry.

CMOTDibbler Mon 15-Feb-16 17:11:22

I only wash them once they go from being running shoes to spares/ sticking on to walk to the pool trainers.
We have a dehumidifier which is used to dry laundry, so wet sports shoes (as we all also cycle) go over that to dry, but the airing cupboard will work

suzannecaravaggio Mon 15-Feb-16 18:01:30

I suspect hot water and detergent my detract from shoe longevity so I usually just put them in a cool rinse and then put them in the spin dryer

Toughasoldboots Mon 15-Feb-16 18:06:56

I have a version of this, I use it all the time for trainers and rugby boots.

Anglaise1 Wed 17-Feb-16 13:38:28

I always have at least a couple of pairs on the go because I run everyday. When they get really wet I stuff them with newspaper and put them on the radiator to dry. I don't care about the mud as that falls offs on it's own during the next run.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 17-Feb-16 13:40:00

I put ours in the washing machine along with our muddy kit. Either 30 or 40 depending on what the kit should go on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now