Talk

Advanced search

TTC after pregnancy loss - Thread 30 - huddle up and bring on the BFP's

(983 Posts)
Lilimum7 Mon 13-May-19 08:02:20

🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧 🐧

Welcome to the 🐧 huddle. This is a wonderful supportive group for anyone ttc after the loss of a pregnancy or baby. Together we can get through the ttc crazyness xx baby dust to everyone xx

Mistymeow Mon 13-May-19 10:21:11

Thanks for the new thread lilimum7, and indreamland for the tag.

Age 35
Ttc #1 since 2016
MMC April 2018 (anembryonic, discovered at 9 weeks). ERPC
MMC March 2019 (heartbeat stopped at 8 weeks, discovered at 10 weeks). EPRC
DH has existing genetic condition which means he doesn’t produce testosterone, so he take a injections. Sperm count on the up!
RMC July to Dr Shehata’s clinic before we start IVF

Still waiting on first af since erpc. 9 weeks and counting!

Squiff70 Mon 13-May-19 10:24:14

Thank you for making a new thread and for tagging/inviting me to join.

I'm 36 (nearly 37)
TTC #3 after I Iost twins DS & DD at 19 weeks in January 2019. Their due date is this week
Cycle 2
In TWW - CD19 and testing Thursday/Friday this week at 10/11DPO

I'm getting waves of nausea this morning but not getting my hopes up.

So glad, yet sad, that we've 'met' on this TTC journey but devastated that a couple of you are currently going through the worst possible outcome. Look after yourseves x

moonpeace Mon 13-May-19 13:49:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kayjay2018 Mon 13-May-19 14:04:51

Hi, wondering if I can join?

I’m 38
DS1 is 15 years old
MC on 14th April 2019 at just under 7 weeks.
TTC since September 18

I had some spotting a week before the MC and saw my blob (more like sea horse shape baby) at an EPU scan a few days later. They dated me slightly less than I thought (should have been 6.5 weeks and they thought under 6) but saw a heartbeat. They couldn’t see why I was spotting and invited me back two weeks later. I miscarried early hours of the Sunday morning at home.

I’m currently on CD30 of this cycle, no sign of ovulation or AF at the moment which is stressing me out.

Good luck to those of you with BFPs, I hope all goes well.

MyHeartIsBrokeButIHaveSomeGlue Mon 13-May-19 14:44:19

Found you all!

Sorry I have dropped off the thread (AGAIN!) especially as you were all so supportive a few weeks ago.

I had my scan today and it's not ectopic. All measuring in line with five weeks. It's a relief to know I don't have to go through ectopic surgery again but I am far from relaxed and am now worried about all sorts of other things. Have another scan in two weeks unless I start bleeding or something before then.

I'm not too confident as luck and statistics aren't on my side but I am ducking out of this thread for a bit. I feel like I will be back here in two weeks but I need to distract myself and not think about anything pregnancy related.

I wish you all love and luck xxxxx

Bluebelltulip Mon 13-May-19 14:49:05

So glad its not ectopic @MyHeartIsBrokenButIHaveSomeGlue, good luck for your scan in 2 weeks.

AliceRR Mon 13-May-19 16:45:25

Good news @MyHeartIsBrokeButIHaveSomeGlue

KnitKitty Mon 13-May-19 17:45:01

@Lilimum7 RE RMC testing: They won't get accurate readings for some blood tests if it's too near to your most recent loss, but they will explain what they need and when. I would personally tell them about the most recent one; they really can't turn around and say nothing is causing it after 7! sad Mine didn't specifically tell me not to try while waiting for the results, but I had already told them I was having a break during that time period anyway, so I think they probably would have recommended this (they did ask me if I was still trying).
As @fnej01 has said; I dreaded taking a break beforehand but actually found it very relaxing and I feel much more healed mentally and physically too. I did lots, like getting in shape, changing some of my diet and lifestyle, got acupuncture once a month, changed job to a less stressful one and read 'It stats with the egg' and I feel so much better about trying again now; especially as I've started treatment which hopefully will work.
You're on your own journey though and if you don't want to take a break and they say it's OK, do what feels right for you. Best of luck!

@coconutlatte44 I think hope is such a difficult emotion. You want to be able to hope, but it feels so difficult allowing yourself to when there's so much at stake! Hugs x

UnicornsandRainbows1 Mon 13-May-19 17:53:41

Age 29
TTC #2 since Jan '19
MMC #1 July '17 (we would've actually got the + test 2 years ago today)
MMC #2 November '17 (D&C in Dec. 1st AF to get rid of remaining tissue left behind in Jan)
DD born in August '18 (was due in October 🙈)
Chem in April '19

Here I am 💁
Not really where I thought I'd find myself in my 20's, or ever, I'll be honest.

Squiff70 Mon 13-May-19 17:57:04

@MyHeartIsBrokeButIHaveSomeGlue I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Do what you need to do to stay sane. We're here for you if you need us for a chat about anything flowers

Mistymeow Mon 13-May-19 18:07:49

@MyHeartIsBrokeButIHaveSomeGlue so glad they scanned you and you have some reassurance. I was the same and ducked out of the thread but please check back in when you can so we know you’re ok!

Lilimum7 Mon 13-May-19 18:09:59

Thanks for the advice ladies, I'll let you know how I got on tomorrow.

Nice to see you all made it over here xx

As for me right now. I'm at that horrible part (clots and cramping) also I took another test today and it's negative so definitely over. Really not as upset about it this time. I'm starting to wonder if it's because I've had so many now that is just expected so it's not a shock anymore
(that's really sad sad that I even think like that), hopefully rmc can fix me x

ale2992 Mon 13-May-19 18:17:24

16dpo now and I'm yet to retest after my faint positive last week, no signs or symptoms of af and she's now 3 days late.
Going to test in the morning!

moonpeace Mon 13-May-19 18:25:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InDreamland Mon 13-May-19 18:33:29

@AliceRR I think when you've experienced a loss, regardless of how long you had been TTC before getting pregnant, will find it hard sometimes to believe you'll get your much wanted family. The NHS tests that I manage to get all came back normal but something was found when we went private with DH's swimmers which we've now had treatment for. He gave another sample today to see if the treatment has worked. I'm worried though there's other issues why we took 5 years to get pregnant then the 2 BFPs we had last year ending in mc. I'm petrified I'll never get pregnant again let alone carry full term.

InDreamland Mon 13-May-19 18:36:32

@Lilimum7 so sorry you've definitely lost another. There are no words.

@MyHeartIsBrokeButIHaveSomeGlue that's great news! Fx for a healthy pregnancy.

@ale2992 fx for a few stronger line!

@Kayjay2018 sorry you find yourself here but the ladies are so supportive.

TinyPaws Mon 13-May-19 18:56:05

Hi all,

I'm 33, TTC our first living child with my same sex partner via privately funded fertility treatment and use of an anonymous sperm donor.

Had a MMC and 2 chemical pregnancies all in 2018.

RMC investigations complete, no treatments recommended by RMC or by fertility clinic.

I have now had 3x second opinions from various private clinics, all 3 have recommended low dose prednisolone and 2 of the 3 also recommended clexane.

We have selected a new clinic and now need to transfer our frozen embryo to them before planning our next treatment cycle.

Russkispy Mon 13-May-19 19:06:01

@Lilimum7 thank you for the new thread and I'm sorry you're going through this again. It's just shit!
@InDreamland thanks for tagging me and asking after me.
gone quiet after my MMC just under 2 weeks ago and still bleeding. This MMC was different from last year. I had painful cramps and contractions for 2 days. It was hell. But I'm over the worse now and restarted with all supplements and reflexology. Had numerous discussions with my doctor about my next move. And she asked me to consider donor eggs. And I'm absolutely fine with it and so is my DH. However, it won't happen till after summer as I have my father visiting us next month and it's my DD's 2nd birthday, then we're away to visit my gran. A lot planned. In the meantime, I had an intensive session with a fertility coach yesterday, 5 hours! She's preparing me for a natural conception before I go for DE. We talked about everything fertility related, which supplements to start taking, reflexology, hypnotherapy, ovulation, DTD etc I'm giving a shot to her program and see what it takes us. And I always have a plan B. New supplements galore to take and wait till this bleeding stops and wait for my first AF since MMC and then get going with DTD. And see where it takes us. All of us here deserve a proper break by getting our BFPs and carry it to the full term! Must not give up! thanksthanksthanks

hayleyfx Mon 13-May-19 19:25:02

Hayleyfx
TTC #1 for 2 years
5 miscarriages - one MMC at 11 weeks, MC at 6 weeks, two chemical pregnancies and my beautiful baby boy in August 2018 lost at 14 weeks 💙
Currently pregnant about 4 weeks - 6th pregnancy!! Praying for my rainbow.
Recently diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome so I’m now taking 5mg Folic Acid (after my son’s neural tube defect) 75mg Aspirin and 40mg Heparin injections starting tomorrow! Let’s hope it works.

hayleyfx Mon 13-May-19 19:26:42

Hi ladies - it’s been soooo long!! Don’t think I’ve been on this thread since December last year 😱
Sorry for taking so much time away but really needed it for my own sanity and honestly, it did me the world of good. Been wondering how you’ve all been doing, how are you all? Any pregnancies? 🤞
As for me, I was recently diagnosed with APS or as I call it “sticky blood syndrome” a blood clotting disorder. My next appointment is in two weeks to arrange my medication (baby aspirin and heparin injections) however... yesterday I got a bfp! (We weren’t trying but we had a couple oops moments but didn’t think I would fall pregnant!?) Basically I’m freaking out now as I’m not on my medication. Phoning the hospital first thing in the morn. Without medication, I apparently have a 20% chance of a healthy pregnancy. So feeling kind of desperate right now. I guess, if I lose this pregnancy before I start my medication then at least it will be early on 😥 but trying to stay positive.

I can’t remember - does anyone else here have APS? I was gutted to find out I had it but at the same time it gave me answers as to why I’ve lost 5 babies. & another question, do you girls think it’s too late for me to start taking aspirin now? Like, could the damage already be done? (I don’t know how it all works! Sorry)

Also want to say sorry for coming here and asking loads of questions once again haha. Will be so lovely to hear how you’re all doing though, really hoping there’s been some good news for you all in the past few months. Let me know how you’re all doing!! 💕

Oh and I just realised today that it’s almost exactly a year ago (it was May 22nd) that I found out I was pregnant with my baby boy Charlie!! Crazy how things turn out. I hope this time it’s meant to be and this baby will be okay. Not feeling hopeful in the slightest but trying to keep a little faith that maybe, after 2 years of TTC and miscarrying, with this medication this one could finally be it. We’ll see... 🤞

@KnitKitty thank you! I’m hoping everything finally works out. Now I’m actually relieved to have a diagnosis! I really hope that the medication works for you - it’s great to have some kind of plan in place and some answers! The time away really helped me so much, hope it helped you too xx

@Yukka thank you for all the advice. I picked up some 75mg aspirin tablets today and have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow. They’re going to prescribe me more aspirin and show me how to inject the heparin, reallly nervous for that!! Hopefully it will all be worth it x

@AliceRR thank you lovely ❣️ fingers crossed!

@Lilimum7 I’m so sorry. Sending hugs. I know how you feel, each loss just gets harder and harder and you get more desperate. I’m sure RMC testing will provide you with some answers and hopefully you’ll have your rainbow baby soon x

hayleyfx Mon 13-May-19 19:28:32

Okay I have no idea what happened there!? Haha 🤣 ignore the first huge chunk of that message!! That was from yesterday, I’m not going crazy! Yet😁

strawberrye Mon 13-May-19 19:31:40

@InDreamland can I ask what abnormality your DH had and what treatment he has had?

Frillyfarmer Mon 13-May-19 20:24:13

Thank you for the new thread @Lilimum7 and thank you for tagging me @InDreamland - I'm so sorry you two are still on this shitty journey after so long.

So, me:
29 years old
DS 19months, conceived our first month trying in Dec16

MC#1 Jan 2019 at 5 week - retained products and BFN took forever ( 6wks) to arrive
MC#2 May 2019 at 5w3d, BFN by the time I've stopped bleeding.

Im CD13 and EWCM coming out of my ears, no positive OPK yet but I can feel my body gearing up. I'm about to go to London with work for a couple of days so I don't know whether we will catch this month, I don't know whether I dare to even try.

I'm sorry every single one of you are on this thread and I hope by #31 we're all fixed and knocked up - I'm so grateful to have you all, because honestly this is the mostly lonely path to tread.

FirstTimeMama91 Mon 13-May-19 20:32:35

Thanks @Lilimum7 for new thread x

Hi all,

Age 27
TTC#1 following a MC at 7 weeks at beginning of April. Still haven't got AF, been waiting 6 weeks on Friday. Feel like my hormones and body are all just all over the place. Wish AF would hurry up and come.

Hoping we all get our wee happiness soon xx 🌈🌈

UnicornsandRainbows1 Mon 13-May-19 20:33:35

@Frillyfarmer I think we're at the same sort of stage perhaps.

CD17 here (seem to ovulate later since having DD - weird), no + OPK yet but it's pretty dark so I'd imagine it'd be tomorrow that it's positive.

Since my MC a couple of weeks ago I swear everyone's getting pregnant! sad I don't even know how I'd react if I do get pregnant again, which is pretty sad on its own

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »