Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on Grace?

(38 Posts)
PregnantWithADaughter Tue 29-Mar-16 20:02:11

Hello smile

I'm being induced tomorrow; we are expecting a little girl!

I really like Grace (I also like the NN Gracie) but DH isn't completely sold!

He likes Rebecca (NN Becky) but I'm really not too keen...

I'd be happy with Grace Rebecca though smile

Opinions?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 29-Mar-16 20:06:03

I think it's better the other way around Rebecca Grace, but if you're not hyphenating it Grace Rebecca is okay

KERALA1 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:06:08

Very very popular. If that doesn't bother you fine but just so you know. Most friendship groups of primary age girls ime include a grace, Eve and isabel. They are this generations Rachel, sarah and Claire.

Chocolatebunny1 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:07:37

I love the name Grace! I have one myself and there are no others in her primary school.

monkeyfacegrace Tue 29-Mar-16 20:08:54

Grace and Rebecca you say.

Well, call me biased, but both the best possible names wink

FellOutOfBedTwice Tue 29-Mar-16 20:09:17

The problem I have with Grace as a name is, what if she isn't graceful? I'm a bit of a heffolump tall and sturdy lass and always was... I hate the idea of people sniggering at a 5ft 8 year old with size 5 feet (which is what I was) and saying "Hahaha Grace!"

I may be projecting though. If you're dainty and likely to have a dainty DD, go for it.

Chocolatebunny1 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:09:30

Or after school clubs so I would disagree about it being over popular

candykane25 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:14:08

Grace is beautiful. Very popular but with good reason.

Not keen on Becky but Becca is a nice NN

MNetter15 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:18:26

I love Grace. If ds had been a she, he probably would have been Grace (we were undecided between Grace, Olivia, and Sophia, just to give you some other ideas). All very popular names, but doesn't bother me. She will be the only Grace in your home smile

originalmavis Tue 29-Mar-16 20:19:43

I love Grace. So simple, elegant, timeless...

Sgoinneal Tue 29-Mar-16 20:21:04

Beautiful name (nicest of the current crop of very popular ones imo) but yes, it's Sarah or Claire for 2016. If that doesn't bother you go for it, it's lovely.

MadamDeathstare Tue 29-Mar-16 20:24:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaryFlynn Tue 29-Mar-16 20:24:27

Love it! One of my favourites.

Loulou2kent Tue 29-Mar-16 20:33:15

Love the name Grace. But we do have a very beautiful & clever one in the family & she was the only one in her class too. We all call her Gracie smile

ashesandfire Tue 29-Mar-16 20:52:30

I love it, and I don't know any. I felt the same as fell though re. What if she isn't graceful? So it is dd's mn instead.
I like Rebecca too, although I think Becca is nicer than Becky as a nn.

Sophronia Tue 29-Mar-16 22:09:31

Grace Rebecca is lovely.

SpearmintLino Tue 29-Mar-16 22:12:45

I teach in a girls school. Grace = well mannered, polite and hard working. Every time.

MadamDeathstare Tue 29-Mar-16 22:16:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nectarini1983 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:17:37

Not a fan of the name Grace - just think it's really boring to be honest! Rebecca's okay, not used much in babies nowadays....I know lots in their 30s so might be due a revival!

Marmitelover55 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:21:47

I have a DD with the middle name Grace - I don't know any other Graces at all, so not that popular?

treaclesoda Tue 29-Mar-16 22:25:12

I know loads of little Rebeccas but no little Graces. Grace was to be my DDs name. Except she turned out to be a boy. wink

WhiteHairReally Tue 29-Mar-16 22:26:53

I've a 'soon to be' 22 year old Grace, so she was ahead of the curve ( still in the 40s out of the Top 100 girls' names back in 1994 though.)

She complained that we'd chosen a common name when she was in her early teens ( just another opportunity to find fault with her parents at that age.) She is now amused when she hears her name being hollered at some little girl in the supermarket. Her boy friend's mother loves her name, which has also helped.
Good luck with the birth of your little girl. How very very exciting.

nomorechocolate2016 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:31:10

I only know one. I like it.

cornishglos Wed 30-Mar-16 04:28:20

It's one of those names with a nice meaning but not a nice sound.

AutumnRose1988 Wed 30-Mar-16 07:16:10

I have known all different kinds of Graces and they all suited the name regardless if they were tomboys etc it's just pleasant and inoffensive. Admittedly, I agree that it is very popular but when I read you were considering Gracie as a nn I thought you should give her that as her actual name. I like Rebecca also and think it is quite rare these days so it's familiar but she won't be in a class of several xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now