Talk

Advanced search

To be fucking sick of these kids?

(116 Posts)
Smashtastic Fri 26-Jun-20 19:57:46

I swear I am on the edge of having a breakdown.
I am an introvert and I need to be ALONE. I have not been alone for four months. Not once.

They whine, they squeel, the beat each other up and scream, they cry constantly, they hate everything I suggest and tantrum over going for walks (that I suggest so that I can try to get some personal physical space away from them)

I cannot cope with this anymore. I don't want to. Right now I regret having children. I could seriously out them in the car and dump them somewhere.

Please tell me I am not alone?

OP’s posts: |
ChickenFriedFudge Fri 26-Jun-20 20:01:07

Sounds tough OP. Do you have support? Is dad about?

GarlicMonkey Fri 26-Jun-20 20:02:17

Oh flower, I hear you. Mine are teens now & I thank goodness for that every day. I wouldn't have been able to cope with 3 months locked in with younger ones.

I'm genuinely in awe of you. You deserve a medal... & unlimited gin... & all the money in the world.

ItsSpittingEverybodyIn Fri 26-Jun-20 20:02:18

How many are there and how old?

Bunnymumy Fri 26-Jun-20 20:05:15

Pft, if they are over the age of 7 or there is one older kid that can watch the younger ones I totally would just take them out in the car and dump them somewhere. Like a park. Tell them you'll be back at the end of the day (maybe xD). Leave them a pack lunch of course, don't be a total monster haha.

Purpleartichoke Fri 26-Jun-20 20:07:50

I understand. I would love to have just one day where I don’t have to talk to anyone. Now, even if I lay down with a headache, I end up with a visitor within a few minutes, even when clear instructions have been given that dad is primary parent at the moment.

ShitUsername Fri 26-Jun-20 20:08:46

I hear ya. 7 and 4 year old here and it is constant.

Alcohol helps smile

Lupellegrino Fri 26-Jun-20 20:09:08

I feel you 😵

SqidgeBum Fri 26-Jun-20 20:11:46

I feel you, and mine is only 18 months! Is their Dad around to take the brunt a bit? Are they old enough to be told 'do not disturb me for the next 30 minutes'. My mom was a child minder. She had about 6 kids at any given time. She used to dump us out into the back garden (and the front, back in the days when kids were just out on the road playing) and say 'dont come back in unless someone's head is falling off'.

How do you feel about gin at 11am?

Tsarboretum Fri 26-Jun-20 20:12:33

I feel you. I am feeling better now I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel of 2 days a week of school come mid August, but there are many times I've felt on the verge of tears as I just cannot mentally cope with never being alone. DH tries to keep them out of my way for a few hlurs at the weekend but it's still not the almost guaranteed uninterrupted peace I'd get were they at school.

Smashtastic Fri 26-Jun-20 20:12:51

4 and 7 both boys.

Dad is around but unhelpful and just ineffectively shouts. If I ask him to take them out whilst I work (as I am trying to WFH) I get told 'i dont want to' I DONT FUCKING WANT TO EITHER but I do, I fight to get them ready and drag them out the door because it makes them slightly more bearable for a couple of hours.

Don't tell me to just go out and leave them with him. I tried to work upstairs for a couple of hours having suggested he get the paddling pool out and let them splash about whilst he has a beer and supervises in the garden. He did that but then went to sit in the garage (where he can't see the kids) because he was too hot.

I have lived for four months in a crying shouty screamy fighty house and I have had enough.

CobblersPose Fri 26-Jun-20 20:14:32

Chuck the lot of them out!

FancyPants20 Fri 26-Jun-20 20:16:24

If you completely lost the plot with their Dad, would that help any? Because it sounds like he deserves someone losing the plot with him.

Haworthia Fri 26-Jun-20 20:17:49

I had no idea how badly I need time alone until
I had kids. Lack of silence and solitude sends me to the absolute brink. So I sympathise.

Your partner sounds like a useless lump.

Ravenclawgirl Fri 26-Jun-20 20:17:50

I feel your pain OP. I am sooo glad that mine are grown up!

Smashtastic Fri 26-Jun-20 20:19:20

@FancyPants20

It's fine, I'm overreacting dontcha know. Very over protective I am, not wanting my children left unsupervised in close to two feet of water when they can't swim. 😠

SqidgeBum Fri 26-Jun-20 20:20:34

I think you need to have a serious chat with your DH to be honest. You should be helping each other out. The only way we have survived is to tag team it; he takes our DD and the dog for a walk for an hour one morning, and then another morning I will meet a friend for a picnic for an hour or two and he has a break at home. We both get some time. You need him to step up a bit really. You cant be expected to deal with everything.

HarryHarry Fri 26-Jun-20 20:20:35

Your partner needs to take some responsibility here. You are stressed, understandably, and the kids are picking up on that stress and acting up partly because of it. A decent man would do whatever he could do alleviate that.

Quartz2208 Fri 26-Jun-20 20:20:43

you are angry at the wrong person OP

garbagegirl Fri 26-Jun-20 20:21:08

I'm in the same position as you. I am putting plans in motion to separate from him. If you have a husband who is unsupportive then what's the point of having one?

Smashtastic Fri 26-Jun-20 20:22:05

He isn't furloughed btw but only works part time weekends so he SHOULD in my opinion be primary carer and chief cook and bottle washer whilst I get some bloody work done 9-5 Monday to Friday.

Bit no, it's like a mad house

HarryHarry Fri 26-Jun-20 20:22:07

If you are both working, you shouldn’t be solely responsible for the children. It has to be 50/50. Don’t let him fob it all off on you, or do a deliberately shitty job so you are forced to take over.

Smashtastic Fri 26-Jun-20 20:24:00

I'm not angry at the kids really but they're behaviour at the minute is very very very trying.

GameSetMatch Fri 26-Jun-20 20:24:05

I hear You! I have a 2 and 6 year old and I just want an afternoon off. I love them so much but it’s the constant ‘Muuuuummmm’

mamalovebird Fri 26-Jun-20 20:27:52

It's not your kids that are the problem here. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »