Talk

Advanced search

To wash bath towels after every use

(280 Posts)
bananaramaspyjamas Thu 31-Jan-19 13:33:17

Is this normal? I'm constantly washing towels.

Mamasha3 Sun 03-Feb-19 11:34:57

Each have their own towels and wash after two times .No need to wash after each use when you scrap your body till it's clean. I don't clean my feet with the same towel,rather use my cloth .Face towels are separate too

Cel982 Sun 03-Feb-19 17:30:57

I've honestly never been to a home that had one hand towel for each family member hanging in the bathroom hmm Bath towels, sure, but balking over sharing the same hand towel with your immediate family just seems bizarre.

Butterfly84 Sun 03-Feb-19 18:44:43

I've honestly never been to a home that had one hand towel for each family member hanging in the bathroom hmm Bath towels, sure, but balking over sharing the same hand towel with your immediate family just seems bizarre.

I thought exactly the same thing. I have never seen this before.

Limensoda Sun 03-Feb-19 19:09:34

I remember a time when washing was done once a week, on a Monday grin
People wore the same clothes for longer, shared towels and changed beds less often. Blankets got washed once a year probably.
I don't think that would be acceptable today but the obsession with germs and washing on Mumsnet makes me laugh.
DP and I use a separate bath towel each which get washed every couple of weeks and I have been known to leave them three weeks. I can't say I think about too much.
We share hand towels.

CallMeVito Sun 03-Feb-19 19:45:55

I remember a time when washing was done once a week, on a Monday

Depends where! Even around the 1st world war some families had washing done several times a week - every day with a child in nappies or when a woman had a period (even if it wasn't told so bluntly).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »