Talk

Advanced search

What is your teenager sulking about today?

(330 Posts)
CheeseyToast Mon 20-Nov-17 08:27:10

Mine is appalled that there’s no avocado for breakfast. Cue eye rolling, stomping, slammed door. Anyone else?

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 20-Nov-17 08:28:57

Mine leaves for school before I get up so the sulks are delayed until 5pm!

inchyrablue Mon 20-Nov-17 08:30:06

That the hair straighteners are not GHD. If they were, she would be ready quicker. 🙄

angelnix Mon 20-Nov-17 08:30:28

I had the audacity to pick her blazer off the chair and hang it in her wardrobe on Friday ready for today. Apparently she spent AAAAAGES looking for it.

ParadiseCity Mon 20-Nov-17 08:31:19

That I don't know where they left their keys...

justilou1 Mon 20-Nov-17 08:35:29

I won't buy her the Fenty Fucking Beauty lipgloss on Sephora online because it's sold out in the store. (I won't be buying it when it is re-stocked, either!)

CheeseyToast Mon 20-Nov-17 08:36:28

Haha at the blazer, so familiar.

Oh you’re all making me feel much better

Gibble1 Mon 20-Nov-17 08:40:58

That we didn’t take her to London for the weekend for her 16th Birthday which is all she wanted to do. After all we’re not busy this weekend.
Disclaimer- we are bang in the middle of having a kitchen fitted, I worked on Saturday and am working next Saturday and we had already arranged with her that we would go in January when she asked to go a couple of weeks ago and we said we couldn’t fit it in.
She now has the rage cause it won’t happen in January cause we’re going away for DH’s birthday (no idea where she got that from!). PITA. Her entitled attitude overwhelms me.

4teensandababy Mon 20-Nov-17 08:41:08

Her gum shield had magically disappeared from her PE bag. She's now going to get a detention. It's not her fault though, as she knows it was in there and someone must have taken it.....
If she'd got her kit ready yesterday like I asked, then I could have bought a new one by now!

Topseyt Mon 20-Nov-17 08:41:30

None this morning, but last week I picked her up from an after school club and got sulked at because we had to call at Tesco for a few bits on the way home.

Topseyt Mon 20-Nov-17 08:48:25

Oh I have had the sulks when she can't find her PE kit, hockey kit, school skirt etc. Usually on a Monday morning.

All is usually to be found in the large pile of clean laundry which I have been badgering her to take up to her bombsite bedroom.

MiracleCure Mon 20-Nov-17 08:50:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Laniakea Mon 20-Nov-17 08:52:06

that none of her friends are going to the "stupid fucking interview workshop" and "it is about fucking apprenticeship interviews" ... so she's not "fucking going".

This is the interview day that cost us £80, that has apprenticeship preparation listed amongst other things & that she had (grudgingly I admit) agreed to do. Obviously it won't be helpful to her despite wanting to get a job over Christmas and needing to get through an interview for her university application ... and we are completely unreasonable to expect her do 'sit with people she doesn't know and doesn't like for THREE HOURS' - because that will never happen in real grown up life will it?

(if she doesn't go she'll be paying me the £80 out of her pocket money)

She's not usually like that - honestly completely out of character sad - though I also have an 8 year old dd who excels at being obnoxious & she's on top form today (my 11 & 6 yos have been lovely as usual smile ).

justilou1 Mon 20-Nov-17 08:53:24

Oh, and also...
Crystal said that Hunter said that Sean said something about Alicia, and it was really funny, but you know what Alicia's like, right? And weird Lily, not the lovely Lilly with two L's said something to Hunter who told Greg and now everybody says that I'm being unreasonable!!!

Laniakea Mon 20-Nov-17 08:56:36

in fact the 17 yo & 8 yo have been uncannily similar this morning (dd1 screaming at me between 6:30 & 7:30, then dd2 took over until 8:30) - I guess I should be pleased that the worst of dd2's insults was 'shut up you dummy' hmm

MurielsBottom Mon 20-Nov-17 08:56:53

Ah, Dd1 is currently upset with me because I won't let her get a second pet snake . . .

ghostyslovesheets Mon 20-Nov-17 08:57:00

DD1 - it's raining

DD2 - her clothes feel wrong

RJnomore1 Mon 20-Nov-17 09:01:15

Because I caught her going out in the school uniform that needed washed rather than the clean one I gave her and I made her turn round and get changed.

cod Mon 20-Nov-17 09:02:21

Nothing. I’ve never had a door slammed in my life.
I am a perfect mother though.

spurtions Mon 20-Nov-17 09:08:12

Because after taking our 15 year old into Central London at 7am on saturday morning and picking him up again at 6pm. Then taking him to football on sunday morning and a football trial on sunday evening we wouldn't then drop him at a friends house on sunday evening at 8 and pick him up at 11pm. I mean, we had nothing else to do other than to be a taxi service.

11 year old didn't remember that I'd asked her 86 times to do her maths homework and that how was she supposed to know there was even any maths homework to do. Erm, by looking at the app on her phone, the same way I knew there was maths homework because funnily enough I'm not in her lessons.

BigSandyBalls2015 Mon 20-Nov-17 09:15:17

Because I initiated a conversations about sex and contraception as she came home from a party on Sat with a bloody great love bite ... classy 🙄

mum11970 Mon 20-Nov-17 09:20:44

God knows but she was having a go at everyone she encountered in the house this morning. I just shouted to her to give it a rest from the safety of my bed. Whatever it was, it certainly won’t have been her fault.

Tinkie25 Mon 20-Nov-17 09:26:36

Someone had moved his charger, this is the charger that only works on his phone as no one has a need to use it. When he found it in a different place, he wouldn’t apologise for accusing people because someone clearly put it there. —they bloody didnt😡—

reachforthestarseveryday Mon 20-Nov-17 09:27:31

That it's not fair she has to get up so early for school and her life is ruined.

Whitelisbon Mon 20-Nov-17 09:28:51

Mine stomped out the door to school this morning because I refused to write her a note excusing her from social dancing. if i had to bloody well do it evrry year then she can too
Apparently she's just going to refuse to do it, and when she gets detention it'll all be my fault.
Ok sunshine, have a lovely day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now