Talk

Advanced search

Do you think duke of Cambridge's flybe flight was already booked?

(311 Posts)
kenandbarbie Thu 22-Aug-19 14:03:25

Or only booked after prince Harry's controversial Private jet trip?

VivaLeBeaver Thu 22-Aug-19 14:04:00

I think they booked it last minute to avoid the bad PR!

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 22-Aug-19 14:04:11

I wonder.

But well played, William.

MoaningMinnie1 Thu 22-Aug-19 14:04:40

Oh for goodness sake what does it matter? This is the first I've heard of it and it really isn't my business. Nor yours.

kenandbarbie Thu 22-Aug-19 14:06:15

Yeah I wonder if they've ever got ordinary flights before?

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 22-Aug-19 14:06:36

It obviously matters enough for you to post, Minnie.

That's all we all do, post.

kenandbarbie Thu 22-Aug-19 14:07:45

Also, it is our business - we're tax payers.

LochJessMonster Thu 22-Aug-19 14:08:46

@MoaningMinnie1 living up to your username. The thread was clearly titled so nothing made you click on it.

Interesting question op, I reckon it was a last minute decision and a very clever one! But I would actually happily accept the 2nd in line going on a private plane.

Harry and Meghan could have flown 1st class for privacy, but I think for security reasons, Will and Kate warrant a private plane.

MargoLovebutter Thu 22-Aug-19 14:11:36

Definitely not. Well played Will's private office and FlyBe must be beside themselves to be the royal carrier of choice on this occasion!

kenandbarbie Thu 22-Aug-19 14:16:14

I wonder whether they did it for or reasons, but also, a little bit, to annoy the Sussex's. It makes me think the talk of a rift might be true.

kenandbarbie Thu 22-Aug-19 14:16:27

pr

eeksville Thu 22-Aug-19 14:18:54

Of course this is PR, don't they use private jets to Mustique etc regularly. No doubt the Daily Mail readers will buy into it though. The double standards are ridiculous.

LochJessMonster Thu 22-Aug-19 14:28:16

@eeksville you don't think for security reasons the future King and the 2nd/3rd/4th and 5th in line to the throne warrant their own private plane?

Not really double standards, Harry + family are not nearly as important in the line of succession.

IAskTooManyQuestions Thu 22-Aug-19 14:29:39

The Cambridges often use commercial flights - he's always in the press for sitting in cattle class

2015 article www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/prince-william-shows-just-how-14758378

2011 article www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/royal-54858.html

there are two or three articles every year - these are just the first ones at the top of google

eeksville Thu 22-Aug-19 14:30:42

I'm not into the monarchy so don't care about succession & clearly if security was a massive deal why do the fly commercial on public tours? Why is it ok for one family member to use private jets & not the other?

IAskTooManyQuestions Thu 22-Aug-19 14:31:04

@kenandbarbie - the tax payer doesn't fund the Cambridge's. and wont until he is the monarch.

IAskTooManyQuestions Thu 22-Aug-19 14:32:54

Exhibit A - a cheap plane
Exhibit B - a posh plane

Are the emissions the same from both? Because both will broadly be pumping the same, so its actually irrelevant what they are flying on

DarkDarkNight Thu 22-Aug-19 14:33:41

First thing that crossed my mind. PR team in overdrive to make them seem more down-to-earth. If so I think it’s a bit cynical and petty.

LochJessMonster Thu 22-Aug-19 14:34:11

Why is it ok for one family member to use private jets & not the other? Literally just said, William is directly in line to the throne. He will be King one day. Harry won't.

Who is a bigger target for terrorists, thus potentially putting the other passengers also at risk?

Obviously their security have deemed it safe enough for them to fly on a commercial plane which is great but out of the 2 of them, Wiliam definitely warrants a private plane more.

LochJessMonster Thu 22-Aug-19 14:35:44

@IAskTooManyQuestions but the commercial plane would have been going to Scotland anyway. They are not adding to the scheduled flights, and therefore the emissions.

The Sussex's could have got a commercial flight to most of their destinations, but instead chartered a private plane, adding extra emissions.

Its the same principle as car sharing.

eeksville Thu 22-Aug-19 14:35:43

Now feel free to criticise them for the usual celeb nonsense of "we need to save the planet" but I mean you not me. And Harry flies commercial too & has done so with Megan in the past.

How come the photos of Wills on a budget flight have been "leaked" but you very rarely see ones of them getting off private jets?

eeksville Thu 22-Aug-19 14:37:23

Why do they tend to use commercial airlines for tours & private for holidays if there is a grave security risk?

MagsAndMaeve Thu 22-Aug-19 14:39:18

I believe that members of the RF quite often fly on commercial flights to Aberdeen. I know the Queen and Princess Anne have done regularly in the past. I think it might be something to do with the route or the airport.

BobbyPuck Thu 22-Aug-19 14:40:21

I thought they weren't meant to all fly together in case it crashes. I don't think I could cope with Harry as king given how he is these days.

LochJessMonster Thu 22-Aug-19 14:44:00

@BobbyPuck I assume Charles wouldn't have been allowed on the same plane as William and his family? Unless that rule has changed now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »