Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Senior Civil Service Application

witheringrowan · 12/11/2019 16:30

I'm applying for a Deputy Director position in the Civil Service (coming from the private sector, but was in the civil service for 4 years at the start of my career) & I'm looking for some advice as the application isn't the competency style ones used for SEO/G7/G6 etc roles. Instead it asks for a CV and a supporting statement, and there's no mention of the behaviours that the application will be assessing as there are for less senior roles.

So, should I treat the supporting statement as I would a cover letter, or make it more competency based, or some combination of the two? Any tips gratefully received!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Isleepinahedgefund · 12/11/2019 17:13

SCS up to Director General Level is covered by the behaviours. But with the new success profiles they don’t have to use the behaviour statements if they don’t want to - they’ve chosen to go for a personal statement/CV type ask instead. Different departments do different things recruitment wise these days.

Use the personal statement to show how you demonstrate the criteria in the job spec (so a bit competency based) and make sure you stick to the word count if there is one.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.