This is being reported in a number of US news websites. This is an extract from the New York Times.
Women's lives in Afghanistan really are not going to get any better when the US forces leave it seems.
Bombing Outside Afghan School Kills at Least 30, With Girls as Targets
KABUL, Afghanistan — Powerful explosions outside a high school in Afghanistan’s capital on Saturday killed at least 30 people and wounded dozens more, many of them teenage girls leaving class, in a gruesome attack that underscored fears about the nation’s future after the impending American troop withdrawal.
The blast — and the targeting of girls as they left Sayed Ul-Shuhada high school — comes as rights groups and others have raised alarm that the American troop withdrawal will leave women, and their educational and social gains, particularly vulnerable.
The hope surrounding the U.S. withdrawal deal with the Taliban was that it might open the way for a lasting cease-fire, and a respite for civilians who are being killed in horrific numbers. But the reality as American troops depart is being driven home by massacres like this one — there has been more chaos than accord, and more fear than hope.
[...]
Sayed Ul-Shuhada hosts classes for boys in the morning and for girls in the afternoon. The attack occurred around 4 p.m., as the girls were leaving and the streets were packed with residents preparing for the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
Dr. Mohammad Dawood Danish, the head of the Mohammad Ali Jinnah hospital in Kabul, said that 20 bodies and more than 40 wounded people were transferred to his hospital. Most of them were students, he said.
“The health condition of a number of girls is critical,” Dr. Danish said. Tariq Arian, a spokesman for the Interior Ministry, said 52 people had been wounded in all.