Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex and gender discussions

Father's Day.

10 replies

Childrenofthestones · 14/06/2013 11:16

So, to any women who have children and assuming dad is still round,
what are you planning on getting him / doing for him on Sunday?
I expect I'll get the old favourite, sock and aftershave. :~)

OP posts:
PromQueenWithin · 14/06/2013 11:30

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VinegarDrinker · 14/06/2013 11:35

Yes, also wondering why this is in FWR?

DS made DH a card at nursery. And he'll get a lie in and a nice breakfast.

Childrenofthestones · 14/06/2013 12:33

"Just wondering why you've posted this in the feminism section"

"Yes, also wondering why this is in FWR?"

Nothing sinister, I post mostly here and was wondering what others were getting that's all.
I lost my own Dad a while back and would give my right arm to take him out for a pub lunch again.

OP posts:
TheDoctrineOfAllan · 14/06/2013 12:36

Just cards!

ChunkyPickle · 14/06/2013 12:45

Wasn't planning to do anything..... my dad couldn't care less whether he gets a card or not (and a gift would horrify him), and DP is similar.

Nothing happened Mothers day either, we all feel appreciated/rewarded enough without mucking about with cards and chocolates.

NiceTabard · 14/06/2013 22:22

Got the thing in the brain to get the kids to make some cards for DH. Prob will get him some kind of tasty pie involving pastry and apples. Stuff, you know.

Totally forgot about my own dad, at work my colleague said "so are you seeing your dad this weekend?" and i was utterly flummoxed. Never spoken to him about my dad. Couldn't work out what on earth he was on about. Then all was revealed Grin and the answer was, um, we don't really "do" father's day with our parents. They think it is a bit american. but I make an effort to remember for DH (his family do all that stuff in spades).

So. there you have it Grin

Amazinggg · 14/06/2013 22:25

I am remarkably organised this year - I took some lovely pics of him and DS which he hasn't seen, and got them on a mug. Random and cheesy but they're lovely pics and I know he'll like it Smile

He likes sailing and hasn't been since Ds took over our lives so I'm hoping for sun and to take him to a local park where we can hire a rowing boat. Almost the same, right?! Can toddlers go in rowing boats? He might dive in... ah well.

NiceTabard · 14/06/2013 22:38

Sounds great!

Stick a lifejacket on the sprog job done. prob won't jump in mine didn't at that age. you need to give them patented parental "serious face" and scare the crap out of them before they get in Wink

Reminds me of something I did for DH with the mug but I kind of prefer to do stuff randomly but he is well hot on dates and always does extra-thoughtful stuff so I am a bit crap frankly on the clinton moments stuff.

Hmm.

he says he doesn't mind...

hmmm

Childrenofthestones · 15/06/2013 07:37

I am shit hot on dates.....at least now I am. But only since I forgot my wife's birthday ten years ago.
She never said a dickybird even though we were both at home all day and I didn't know what I'd done until one of her friends called round at about 4 in the afternoon.
As I stood at the door she walked down the path to the car to greet her and I heard the friend say "How's the birthday girl?"
If it was a movie there would have been a trombone shot at that moment where the background zooms away and my gormless face zooms forward. Shock
Needless to say I have never missed a date since.

OP posts:
UptoapointLordCopper · 15/06/2013 16:00

We do the ChunkyPickle approach too. :) Only do Mother's Day for MIL.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.