My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Have read a terrible thread on another forum and am too scared to post myself.

6 replies

Needsomecleverlogicalwomen · 13/09/2012 05:52

I live in Dubai and read a site called British Expats. There are some funny people on there and some good banter but a thread there really upset me this morning. How do you deal with women haters?

Am I allowed to post a link?

OP posts:
Thumbwitch · 13/09/2012 05:57

well you might as well now.

Extrospektiv · 13/09/2012 06:17
Needsomecleverlogicalwomen · 13/09/2012 07:13

That's the one. It seems to be calming down now but it really upset me. It can be quite an aggressive forum. How do you deal with men being very bullish? Is it best to face them down or to ignore them?

OP posts:
KRITIQ · 13/09/2012 07:23

I can't follow the link from my phone. However, it's often best to let things drop if one finds an internet discussion very upsetting. It's only the internet. Being anonymous and distant can made some folks feel emboldened so they'll say things they'd be scared witless of saying on real life. However, if something said appears illegal or you've been threatened and are worried for your safety, talk to the police. Good luck.

Thumbwitch · 13/09/2012 08:39

Looks like at least one of the nastier posters has been deleted, Needsome. Good. Moderators have their uses!

EatsBrainsAndLeaves · 13/09/2012 09:44

Sorry only popping in so havent read thread you linked to. But often in situations like you describe I will post 1 comment saying what the man has said is unacceptable, etc and then leave the thread. That means I feel good that I said something to challenge, but dont have to continue reading stuff that will only make me angry.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.