Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InAnyOtherSoil · 05/04/2012 23:50

This reply has been deleted

InAnyOtherSoil · 05/04/2012 23:51

This reply has been deleted

Jellykat · 05/04/2012 23:57

Yes i watched it, it was 10.45 bbc1 last night..

Very interesting, what those women have put up with was incredible, i applaud them.. and brilliantly presented by Gabby Logan.

Msfickle · 06/04/2012 05:43

Ive got show recorded so not watched it yet. However, my husband works for a premiership football club and you would not believe how they behave. The most aggressive, masculine environment I've ever witnessed. They do have an HR. dept but I'm not entirely sure what they do....

tribpot · 06/04/2012 08:10

I've just watched it as a result of this thread. Very interesting doco and very well presented by Gabby Logan. iPlayer link for anyone wanting to watch.

I wonder if it was a deliberate decision to focus on women in the world of men's football, rather than consider women's football. One would think, for example, that a number of officials, managers and commentators would be drawn from the world of women players but that crossover doesn't seem to be happening.

Overall, though, the level of sexism was absolutely astounding and there should be a lot of people deeply ashamed of themselves. I'm sure they couldn't give a monkey's, however.

Msfickle · 06/04/2012 09:33

They couldn't care less about the players and managers they pay fortunes for so why they'd give a monkeys about this is beyond me.

fingerpaints · 06/04/2012 12:11

I read a sad post on another site this week about a teacher who had a discussion with her class on International Women's day about jobs. They were age around 7 I think and she was shocked to discover they genuinely believed women "weren't allowed" to be doctors, vets, lawyers, builders etc. But she said what tickled her, though she was really sad about the whole thing, was that the thing they were really upset about and couldn't understand was the lack of women in sport. So, though awful to think these stereotypes are so pervasive at such a young age, nice to know that the demand and expectation to see women fairly represented in sport is also there. Otherwise a pretty depressing story though.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.