Feminism: Sex and gender discussions

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention

26 replies

QueenofDreams · 19/08/2010 14:01

annoying sexist rant

Think this guy is obviously a lovely person Hmm

OP posts:
msrisotto · 19/08/2010 14:08

I can't read all of it, or even past the first quarter. It really is blind.

ButterpieBride · 19/08/2010 14:15

Lol, my DP showed this to me and told me to tell you lot!

QueenofDreams · 19/08/2010 14:19

risotto I couldn't read it all properly, I ended up skimming through it. I love his advice to women on how to avoid being raped. Obviously women should stay in all-female environments, not wear anything 'provocative', never go anywhere alone, never drink blah blah blah blah blah.

OP posts:
sarah293 · 19/08/2010 14:22

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

msrisotto · 19/08/2010 14:26

To be honest, there is no point in engaging with someone who says:
"If you don?t want women to get raped, it?s REALLY EASY.

I?m going to give an even longer list of things women SHOULDN?T DO now, seeing as you have now annoyed me.

1. Don?t go in bars alone or even with just one girlfriend unless you are getting WELL KNOWN taxis to and fro door to door and preferably a relative or friend instead of a taxi.

1. Don?t walk in any public area on your own. You can get away with it in crowded city centres, as long as you stick to the CROWDED areas, avoid quiet streets where you could be dragged into a back alley or whatever without anyone noticing.

(university campuses tends to have a lot of these dodgy little quiet parts, and hence we find a lot of girl students get attacked).

1. Don?t dress in public in any provocative way. Not EVER. When you are married, your body is FOR HIS EYES ONLY.

1. Avoid mixed sex work places, and if you have a choice, don?t work at all, because as soon as you do, if you?re attractive, every male in the workplace will see you as an object of quarry/sexual fantasy.

If their parents can?t, THE STATE should support unmarried girls who need the money with basic benefits, and such girls/women should be entitled to refuse any work or not work at all if they please, as any form of work is a potential threat to their security.

If you must work, pick a female dominated environment like a hospital, typing pool or a girl?s or junior school.

If you expose yourself to public view on a routine basis, you will become an object of fantasy to any male who is able to see you regularly (but if you?re mostly covered up, that won?t happen much even if you are visible in face).

1. Don?t ever go alone on buses or trains if you can avoid it, or certainly not regularly or in any place you are not familiar with.

1. Don?t get drunk and incapable, because you think you can trust your girlfriends, but you may be wrong when they too have had a lot to drink.

1. Don?t have men friends except relatives, foolishly imagining you can have an ?only friends? relationship with a boy/man, because any male friend of your own age if he finds you attractive (which you may not realise) will see you as a potential mate, and thus you can?t guarantee he won?t try to make the ?friendship? physical sooner or later. It?s that old thing called his BIOLOGICAL MISSION ?popping up? again.

1. Don?t tease with or flirt with men ANYWHERE. They?ll imagine you might want to have sex with them, when maybe all you were doing was trying to get served first at the bar, or ?being friendly.?

1. Find a mate/marriage partner via one of your relatives or friends, (or some civilised group you can safely be part of like a church or whatever) and don?t EVER agree to go out with a man who you haven?t checked out thoroughly, and you wouldn?t see as long term relationship/marriage material.

10. Don?t go to university or college after 16 and attend a single sex girls? school before 16, not a dreaded and dangerous comprehensive, full of boys all hoping to sneak a peek at you in the showers or be the first to rob you of your ?virtue.?

If you want a degree, go to a girl?s only college or do an Open University degree.

We need to open some WOMEN ONLY universities/colleges for women who want to be doctors or teachers etc., and don?t want to be harrassed at such an early age."

So that's segregation, isolation, poverty, deprivation of education, dictation over what clothes to wear, rules on how to behave as if we are naughty children. His sense of entitlement and self importance is a stunning example of a grade A dick head.
msrisotto · 19/08/2010 14:40

On the plus side, I discovered this cool feminist mum blog from that link so swings and roundabouts hey!

QueenofDreams · 19/08/2010 14:51

Yep, I thought the other positive I gained from it is how it shows that feminism is still a necessary force. If there are still people touting that crap, there needs to be people to stand against it as well IYSWIM.

OP posts:
Miggsie · 19/08/2010 14:56

I think the only thing he missed out was "don't leave the house unless you have the permission of the dominant male"

Yes girls, lucky us, not only are we responsible for his dirty underpants but we are also responsible for his lustful thoughts.

KindersTristers · 19/08/2010 15:04

Oh, I did laugh at this bit:

"And so if YOU take the job that HE NEEDS to be a respected member of his community, and thus to be deemed worthy of marrying (eventually) YOU, then when it comes to the time you want a mate, HE no longer exists for you.

He is getting drunk in a bar somewhere, bemoaing his failure, or maybe even commited sucide after his failure to SUCCEED."

This is priceless!

Helpfully he reminds us that:

"University campuses tends to have a lot of these dodgy little quiet parts, and hence we find a lot of girl students get attacked"

• Oooh,..now I see where I was going wrong - I though men raped women, but maybe I'm wrong, its those little quiet areas. Thank goodness I know that now. Thanks for explaining that. Hmm

I think it might just be my BIOLOGICAL MISSION to hunt this man down and put him out of his misery get him the professional help he so desperately needs.
msrisotto · 19/08/2010 15:12

He's the kind of guy who calls feminists man haters (with no irony) probably due to their reaction against him specifically.

alexpolismum · 19/08/2010 15:19

Surely this is just a piss-take, not meant to be taken seriously...?

Or is this guy a fully paid up card carrying member of the Taliban?

KindersTristers · 19/08/2010 15:38

I feel a bit sorry for people like that, even while I rage against their hate speech.

You can never be happy when you are like that, nor will anyone genuine ever like you.

He'll probably die unhappy and alone.

Probably not much comfort to the women who wil be raped and beaten as a result of his (along with other) hate propaganda.

People fail to realise that it doesn't take someone to directly say "go and batter/rape a woman" to be making it happen.

Its firing up the irrational hatred, the imagined 'justification' that does it, just like his little speech.

WhatTheWhat · 19/08/2010 19:25

Amnesty International ran a 'stop violence against women' campaign for about 6 years and it stopped this year.

Unlike almost ANY other campaign that Amnesty has run, it was relatively unsuccessful. They're still trying to work out why, but it appears to be simply that the attitudes it was trying to counter (which are ALL pretty much set out in that rant) are so ingrained in societies as to be pretty indelible.

For anything like this, it can help put it into sharper focus to switch gender for race - eg if Asian people were being told to stay out of mixed race workplaces for their own good.

Strange how many things that some may accept as merely sexist, would be completely acceptable if they included the same level of racial stereotype or racism.
eg: www.film4.com/reviews/2010/knight-and-day

swallowedAfly · 19/08/2010 19:34

Message withdrawn

QueenofDreams · 19/08/2010 20:34

I worry too SAF.
This guy is not that intelligent tbh. He uses Pride and Prejudice as a stick to beat women with. That novel was essentially a feminist novel of its time, criticising a society that left women no choice but to marry for money. Women had no way of earning their own way in life and so had to ensure a 'good match' in order to have a half decent life. This idiot can't even see that as he obviously has not read the book. He couldn't even quote the first line properly.

'It is a fact universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of good fortune must be in want of a wife' The whole irony of that quote is that (at the time) the REVERSE was true. That a single woman of poor fortune must be in need of a husband.
I can quote it from memory!

OP posts:
sprogger · 19/08/2010 20:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

msrisotto · 19/08/2010 21:34

I didn't say he did sprog, I said he's the type Hmm

sprogger · 19/08/2010 22:29

swallowedAfly · 19/08/2010 22:33

Message withdrawn

swallowedAfly · 19/08/2010 22:34

Message withdrawn

msrisotto · 20/08/2010 09:08

Oh! Gotcha, sorry, almost threw a bun at you there!

swallowedAfly · 20/08/2010 09:38

Message withdrawn

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

TheButterflyEffect · 20/08/2010 13:56

swallowedAfly · 20/08/2010 14:32

Message withdrawn

elportodelgato · 20/08/2010 14:50

Arrgh! I have been sucked into his insane rantings on the original website. He's quite a specimen, perhaps he should be taken away and studied by scientists somewhere VERY SECLUDED.

I think we can safely assume he's a virgin?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.