Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

TMI pic - what are these lumps coming out my vagina !?

Sianxc · 02/08/2022 22:13

I’m 20 weeks pregnant and keep suffering with bouts of thrush. Had my last child 2 years ago. I had a look down there today and I’m freaking out so much !!! I have all these strange lumps around my vagina !????

I will call the doctors tomorrow but has anyone any knowledge of what this is? I Had HPV warts 15 years ago caught from my first ever boyfriend which was on the outside and very small clumps. Cleared up fast. I’m now worried this is it returning or something ? I’m horrified and don’t know what it could be!! I have been with my current partner 10 years.

they are like fleshy lumpy flappy things this is so gross I’m sorry but freaking out right now !

TMI pic - what are these lumps coming out my vagina !? TMI pic - what are these lumps coming out my vagina !?
OP's posts:
Please
or

thunderonlyhappenswhenits · 02/08/2022 22:15

Could it be a prolapse ?

Please
or

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor · 02/08/2022 22:18

Have you ever looked at yourself before?

Please
or

RudsyFarmer · 02/08/2022 22:19

I feel like since I had kids there’s more flesh visible than before. My assumption is it kind of pushed some things out that were once in. I think I your safest bet is to get that looked at by the midwife to see if it’s normal or st least not uncommon.

Please
or

Sunbun19 · 02/08/2022 22:20

It could be varicose veins, I had it in my second pregnancy

Definitely get it checked out though

Please
or

despondentatwork · 02/08/2022 22:24

Try not to worry OP. I had this and was eventually told by obstetrician it was my Hymen....still have a large unusual lump there but it causes no issues. No pain etc. Also had Vulval varicosities in 3rd and 4th pregnancies but was in a lot of discomfort with those, so knew something was up.

Please
or

Hohofortherobbers · 02/08/2022 22:27

I'm struggling with which way up you are, but second pic looks like clitoris to the bottom of pic and urethra above, it doesn't look like a prolapse to me, your urethra is quite visible but unless you have symptoms I think it's OK??! Do you have symptoms?

Please
or

doesthatmakesense · 02/08/2022 22:29

Looks like an ordinary, heathy vulva with maybe a slight prolapse. If you've got a midwife you feel comfortable with I'd ask them to have a peek just for reassurance. Good luck with the thrush, it can be hard to shift and so uncomfortable.

Please
or

mcdog · 02/08/2022 22:36

Which bit is what??? I think I may be looking at the pics upside down. Are you saying all those bits are new?

Please
or

gelert5619 · 02/08/2022 22:49

Hi OP, the hormones secreted during pregnancy often cause genital warts to return and can look alarming but usually resolve after pregnancy. Usually no problem to infant. The photos don't confirm genital warts, as someone else said, have you checked yourself with a mirror before. I'm saying this as we all are very different with a variety of skin folds etc. especially during pregnancy. Do see your GP or Midwife for peace of mind.

Please
or

Livingmybestlifes · 02/08/2022 22:54

I think it might be granulated scar tissue, probably from your first birth, was it vaginal?

Please
or

Sianxc · 03/08/2022 12:20

thanks for your replies ladies. I’m unsure weather to go to a sexual health clinic will they know more than my gp or midwife?

@thunderonlyhappenswhenits i did think this can it just randomly happen during a second pregnancy?

@MrsPelligrinoPetrichor yes and it’s never looked like this this is why I’m so shocked 😮

@Sunbun19 did they look like this? Yeah I will do

@despondentatwork thanks it is just horrible to see all of a sudden! did they say what can cause it?

@Hohofortherobbers no it doesn’t feel strange but now I can notice it does seem a little more bulged than usual

@doesthatmakesense thanks! Yes it’s very persistent

@mcdog yes all the lumpy bits are new that’s why I’m in so much shock and worried

@Livingmybestlifes Yes it was vaginal but I didn’t have any tears or anything - could this still happen ? I have only just noticed it now though it was never there before this second pregnancy

OP's posts:
Please
or

mcdog · 03/08/2022 13:25

@Sianxc have you seen anybody today for it? I can totally understand why you are alarmed if all those bits are new.

Please
or

Livingmybestlifes · 06/08/2022 12:38

@Sianxc I have similar and I've always thought they were scar tissue, I've had smears and no one's ever been concerned.

Please
or

JinglingHellsBells · 07/08/2022 09:36

@Sianxc Pretty sure it's a vaginal prolapse- the walls (normally) are ridged and when they descend they can look a bit like your pic (AFAIK).

Do they go back in if you lie down and push them back?

(I've had a repair although my bulge was further up!)

Please
or

LilacSky95 · 07/08/2022 18:05

Was your last baby born vaginally?
It's just the pressure of the pregnancy pushing tour vaginal walls down and making them more visible. If it's any consolation your vagina looks a million times better than mine 🤣 I had 2 severe prolapses and it looked waaay worse than that. A prolapse looks like a big bulge coming out, not just fleshy tissue x you honestly have nothing to worry about, I bet after you give birth and the pressure from the baby has gone they will go back inside x

Please
or

disneylover367 · 07/08/2022 18:13

I think it looks like Vestibular Papillomatosis . Which is NOT a STD and not considered serious. Have look on Healthline.com for more info. Obviously get it checked by a doctor though as I am only guessing, but I have this myself but they did disappear!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.