My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Bloods normal, but referred for ultrasound and worried...

3 replies

peaky297 · 20/04/2021 20:31

I had my baby 16 months ago and she has been exclusively formula fed since she was a month old. However, my periods haven't settled back to normal post partum and I'm averaging 65 day cycles, so I decided to see the doc who took bloods. Bloods came back normal and don't indicate PCOS and I also don't have the acne or excess hair traits, but doc is sending me for an ultrasound in anyway as there must be some issue behind my very long and irregular cycles. Any thoughts or similar experiences? Just worried about what it could be! Thanks in advance x

OP posts:
peaky297 · 20/04/2021 22:23

Bump

OP posts:
MalbecIsMyOne · 20/04/2021 22:26

My youngest is 3 & I’m still having irregular cycles & abnormal bleeding. I was referred for ultrasound which checked my ovaries & also looked for any fibroids or anything else that could cause the bleeding.

AttilaTheMeerkat · 21/04/2021 13:35

PCOS is a very individualistic disorder that affects each woman with this quite differently. Not everyone has problems with skin and excess hair growth. The commonality though is the cystic follicles on the ovaries.

What blood tests were done and on which days?. I ask as bloodwork taken on the "wrong" days can give misleading hormone level results. Therefore its highly likely they've missed something. They should be sending you also for an internal ultrasound to assess the state of your ovaries. Polycystic ovaries can appear larger than normal size ( a normal sized ovary is about the size of a walnut) and have a ring of pearls appearance to them.

Have they also measured your thyroid levels; if these are out of sync this can affect ovulation and periods too.

You need a diagnosis; push hard here to get one.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.