My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Bump inside vagina

7 replies

courtsbxxox · 01/04/2021 00:01

I am 21 years old and if I put a finger inside my vagina literally just inside where the opening is there is a kind of spongey lump is this normal! It doesn't hurt or anything, but I'm a little worried about it because I feel like something is wrong with me
Please can someone write back

OP posts:
EBearhug · 01/04/2021 00:06

Might just be a cyst. If it grows - Bartholin's cyst can get big and painful and need medical help to clear. But it is probably nothing, so try not to worry - just keep half an eye on it over the next few days.

TheMawisbraw · 01/04/2021 00:48

I’d say bartholin cyst or maybe just the gland swollen, I’ve had multiple operation to remove mine no gland anymore but still got the pesky cyst. It’s fine as long as I don’t sit on a saddle which seems to cause it to abscess. Try and do plenty of regular hot salty baths it’s keeps the pore/gland open I find it helps. I wouldn’t worry but as with any lump get the dr or nurse to check it

Skyliner001 · 01/04/2021 15:01

What you're describing sounds like something that is part of the normal vagina, I have exactly the same thing and have done for 20 years X

courtsbxxox · 01/04/2021 15:11

I really do hope it is normal because I thought a bartholin cyst was located on the outside of the vagina the lump I have is actually inside on my vaginal wall

OP posts:
YourRoyalHighness · 01/04/2021 15:13

I have an inclusion cyst which is like encapsulated scar tissue..... it's abut the size of a pea but feels quite hard. However, I think they can also be soft, and can be caused by trauma. You should see the practice nurse at your GP's surgery though

WaltzingToWalsingham · 01/04/2021 15:16

Is it at the front, side or back of the vagina?

courtsbxxox · 01/04/2021 15:30

It is on the right side x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.