My feed

to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Bump inside vagina

7 replies

courtsbxxox · 01/04/2021 00:01

I am 21 years old and if I put a finger inside my vagina literally just inside where the opening is there is a kind of spongey lump is this normal! It doesn't hurt or anything, but I'm a little worried about it because I feel like something is wrong with me
Please can someone write back

OP posts:
EBearhug · 01/04/2021 00:06

Might just be a cyst. If it grows - Bartholin's cyst can get big and painful and need medical help to clear. But it is probably nothing, so try not to worry - just keep half an eye on it over the next few days.

TheMawisbraw · 01/04/2021 00:48

I’d say bartholin cyst or maybe just the gland swollen, I’ve had multiple operation to remove mine no gland anymore but still got the pesky cyst. It’s fine as long as I don’t sit on a saddle which seems to cause it to abscess. Try and do plenty of regular hot salty baths it’s keeps the pore/gland open I find it helps. I wouldn’t worry but as with any lump get the dr or nurse to check it

Skyliner001 · 01/04/2021 15:01

What you're describing sounds like something that is part of the normal vagina, I have exactly the same thing and have done for 20 years X

courtsbxxox · 01/04/2021 15:11

I really do hope it is normal because I thought a bartholin cyst was located on the outside of the vagina the lump I have is actually inside on my vaginal wall

OP posts:
YourRoyalHighness · 01/04/2021 15:13

I have an inclusion cyst which is like encapsulated scar tissue..... it's abut the size of a pea but feels quite hard. However, I think they can also be soft, and can be caused by trauma. You should see the practice nurse at your GP's surgery though

WaltzingToWalsingham · 01/04/2021 15:16

Is it at the front, side or back of the vagina?

courtsbxxox · 01/04/2021 15:30

It is on the right side x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.