My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Anybody have advice on prolapse womb?!

14 replies

Courtney10891 · 14/01/2021 21:23

Hi,

I stayed getting some symptoms a couple days ago. Dull stomach ache, shooting pains in vagina. I've googled it which I know I shouldn't have and it said possible prolapse womb. I had a look and nothing is hanging down sorry tmi but something is very low and I don't think that is use to be there. I'm panicking now. I have 2 children and will be honestly never done pelvic exercise. Does anybody have any advice??

OP posts:
FippertyGibbett · 14/01/2021 21:24

I got pains shooting up my vagina when I was pregnant.

Courtney10891 · 14/01/2021 21:27

I'm definitely not pregnant I've taken a test. It's more of a heavy feeling now like pressure.

OP posts:
WhatsMissed · 14/01/2021 21:29

I’ve got a prolapsed uterus. Pelvic floor improved my day to day symptoms and a ring pessary holds it all in place whilst I run. I saw a woman’s health physio rather than wait months with a GP.

FippertyGibbett · 14/01/2021 21:30

I get pains when my cervix moves up and down in my cycle, could it be that ?
Also, how old are you as mine got worse heading into peri menopause.

Courtney10891 · 14/01/2021 21:31

@whatsmissed thanks for your reply!! What symptoms did you have? I've not
Been diagnosed yet waiting for doctors on Monday. I seem ok during the day but then it comes to the evening and I start feeling pressure & pain. Does it affect your life?

OP posts:
WhatsMissed · 14/01/2021 21:34

I had a pressure in my bottom, like early labour pains for me. Like I needed a poo! I’ve found I have a introverted uterus which is probably why I get the sensation there. I also had a bulging sensation, like a tampon that wasn’t in properly it ached.

It doesn’t affect my life now I have the pessary. I don’t need the pessary day to day but I don’t feel it once it’s in so I tend to leave it there.

Courtney10891 · 14/01/2021 21:35

Ok So you can take the pessary out and insert it yourself? Did the pressure/pain subside for you. I'm really stressing myself out and thinking the worse

OP posts:
MrDarcysMa · 14/01/2021 23:26

Your uterus can also change position a lot during your monthly cycle OP.

WhatsMissed · 15/01/2021 06:56

@Courtney10891

Ok So you can take the pessary out and insert it yourself? Did the pressure/pain subside for you. I'm really stressing myself out and thinking the worse

Yes and yes. I haven’t felt pressure and pain for months. The pessary is really easy.

I’m pregnant and took it out for an early scan, I haven’t put it back in yet - that was 6 weeks ago and I haven’t had any symptoms. Been on decent walks but no rigorous exercise.
DorothyWasRightTho · 16/01/2021 16:46

I think I may have this too after giving birth a year ago :( when I look with a mirror I’m sure I can see what I think is vagina wall or something. It feels heavy and sometimes achey especially more towards the end of the day. Also getting lots more discharge than normal.
@WhatsMissed how long did it take for you to get the pessary is it something a gp can prescribe? Is there a permanent solution you could try after after all your children? I am scared to go to the gp about it

DorothyWasRightTho · 16/01/2021 16:49

Sorry @WhatsMissed I just read you say you saw a women’s health physio, how did you go about that?

WhatsMissed · 16/01/2021 18:50

I just found one online, she saw me abs referred me to a colleague who fitted the pessary.

I didn’t go to the gp. I didn’t want the wait on the nhs. The two appts plus pessary came to £100.

WhatsMissed · 16/01/2021 18:51

You can have surgery, the type and success depends on the prolapse but it’s not permanent and so they exhaust other avenues first. Physio and pelvic floor helped me loads and if done properly is enough for many women so don’t dismiss it.

DorothyWasRightTho · 17/01/2021 01:00

Thank you so much @WhatsMissed I’ll see what we have locally

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.