My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Any advice on ovarian cysts would be great

4 replies

ImagineWords · 08/01/2021 10:05

Hey first time posting and a little worried. Since having my 3rd child in 2018 I've been having problems with my periods. For over a year I would bleed everyday non stop and was diagnosed border line anemia after loosing a rather large clot. Throughout 2020 I've been on iron supplements ect which calmed the bleeding down and was in a normal monthly cycle since, although I still loose quite big clots. I have also been diagnosed by GP with Dysmenorrhea due to the painful cramping/contractions before, during and after monthly cycle. And had ultra sound scan which found as nurse described a big sticky cyst on my ovary size of 5cm.
Recently I have started loosing tissue I assume is from uterus lining which I've googled (that dreaded google).
I keep assuming my body is sorting itself out but I'm still in agony and have started loosing hard tissues about the size of my thumb that is tough like meat, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and could give any advice, many thanks

OP posts:
CityCommuter · 08/01/2021 10:18

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImagineWords · 08/01/2021 10:28

@Seychelles98 when I mention to GP they just stick me on more iron tablets. I understand that there's this whole pandemic but I feel like I'm being put a bit off at min when I go I literally get a sigh off the GP. I've done pregnancy tests and they're always negative, I don't know if I should just go to A&E

OP posts:
AttilaTheMeerkat · 08/01/2021 16:43

I have had similar bouts of bleeding and it is debilitating.

Why has the GP not referred you to a gynae to establish the underlying cause of the bleeding?. I would complain to their practice manager about the frankly sub standard care you have received to date re this issue.

You should really be referred to a gynae; such problems are well outside a GPs general remit.

ImagineWords · 09/01/2021 00:59

I have been to GP several times, the most I get are blood tests, smears - I've had 3 smear tests in the space of a year and I've just turned 25, tests for STD which is embarrassing as I've been with same partner for 3 years(which have all been clear). I've been put on blood clot thinners and iron tablets. I'm at wits end. I've not been referred for any other ultra sounds or anything because all the first showed was a cyst on my right ovary.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.