My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Local anaesthetic?

3 replies

Cappucinoextrachocolate · 31/07/2020 21:14

I need a Zoladex injection on the 17th of August. Apart from being terrified of the side effects and becoming menopausal overnight (I am not yet 40), I am dreading the administration, I don't want to have to be brave as I am in enough distress already - I will have pelvic clearance in November and this has come out of the blue. I am not in a good place anyway
However, when I asked for a local, I was told an emphatic "no" by my GP surgery, the only thing they can offer is EMLA cream. My question is, can they legally refuse? Even if I insist and explain the distress this causes me? I know it's just an injection, I don't have a needle phobia, but for some reason I absolutely dread the administration. I have been a "good" and brave patient so many times before, I don't feel able to just get on with it this time. Rationally I know I am silly and this is a really silly thing to worry about, but it's an extra bit of support I am being denied and this makes me very bitter.

OP posts:
Cappucinoextrachocolate · 02/08/2020 11:32

Anyone?

OP posts:
CushionsandCandles · 02/08/2020 11:34

Passing doctor

IMO not offering LA routinely for a Zoladex depot is very unkind.

Insist.

Cappucinoextrachocolate · 02/08/2020 22:52

Thank you for not telling me to get a grip Cushions. How can I practically insist? I was told "no", who else should I speak with? Are they legally entitled to refuse?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.