My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Vagina not right one year on from c section

15 replies

Esmee89 · 29/06/2020 14:44

Hi everyone! So my little one (first) is almost 1, born via emergency c section after I was induced but didn’t dilate past 4cm.

Since having my baby I’ve noticed some changes ‘down there’, like I’ve always worn tampons with absolutely no issue and now I can’t wear even super light tampons as I feel so uncomfortable and sore when they’re in. I also find sex really painful at first; and when I get past the pain it still doesn’t feel good! These things have never been an issue for me pre pregnancy.

I’m in two minds about whether to speak to a GP because 1) I feel like this isn’t pressing enough with current events, and 2) I can’t work out its more psychological (if it is it’s not conscious!!)

Anyone else come across this before and know of anything that can help?

Thanks! Xx

OP posts:
Coffeeandbeans · 29/06/2020 15:07

Could you be menopausal? Rather than thinking it is the C section causing problems could the “dryness” be something else. What happens if you use lube?

CiderJolly · 29/06/2020 15:09

It is worth visiting the GP for and I would hazard a guess at a prolapse of some sort. Don't panic but do see the GP.

CiderJolly · 29/06/2020 15:10

@Coffeeandbeans op didn't mention dryness.

Fanthorpe · 29/06/2020 15:15

When you ‘get past the pain’? If it’s painful you need to stop. Has your partner noticed a change? Have you had a look and a feel? I’d definitely get seen.

Dinosauratemydaffodils · 29/06/2020 15:15

Are you breastfeeding? I had very similar issues after both dc (both emcs) which fixed themselves once I stopped breastfeeding. I've heard a few other women say similar regardless of they gave birth.

Esmee89 · 29/06/2020 15:17

Thanks for your suggestions! I hadn’t considered menopause as I’m only 30 but I know that it’s still possible! Also not considered a prolapse I just googled it and read about the feeling of being loose - but it’s actually the opposite it feels a lot tighter than before.. your replies have made me think I need to take this more seriously though thanks I’ll get an appointment in!

OP posts:
Esmee89 · 29/06/2020 15:19

Dinosauratemydaffodils Ah ok, I haven’t been breastfeeding for over 6 months now! Still it’s reassuring to know other people have experienced similar and it’s not just me!

OP posts:
SamVimesFavouriteDragon · 29/06/2020 15:23

I've felt the same, I got to 9cm dilated before I had an EMCS and I've felt uncomfortable ever since. Did you need any other interventions? My baby was back to back and I wonder if that caused some damage? I've also wondered, like you, if it might be psychological, as I've been being treated for PTSD since the birth Sad keep meaning to ask the doctor but they have always been very dismissive, so I can't bring myself to...

KatzP · 29/06/2020 15:25

I had similar after my second. I was due a smear so GP said she would do swabs etc whilst doing that. She couldn’t manage to do the smear test at all so referred me. Had internal ultrasound which was clear and then gyne appointment. She was able to do the smear test and did a colposcopy at the same time. Both were clear. Although she could see I was in agony and there was a lot of bleeding. At this point she gave me some internal antibiotics and that cleared everything up. No signs of infection at all but they worked.

So yes do see the GP. My surgery is doing phone consultations right now and then calling you in when needed.

Bigpaintinglittlepainting · 29/06/2020 15:28

I think you could try a treatment for bacterial vaginitis, I had those symptoms and went to the gp who couldn’t see anything wrong. I got the treatment from boots as a last resort and it worked

CiderJolly · 29/06/2020 15:29

Prolapse can cause a bulge into the vaginal wall which can interfere with how far up you can push the tampon- not necessarily loose.

Glad you're going to the gp- we can only make guesses on here. Hope all is well anyway and whatever is causing the issues you can get sorted.

I would stop the penetrative sex for now.

Esmee89 · 29/06/2020 15:55

Thanks so much everyone will definitely get this seen I have to admit I’ve been dismissing it as it being in my head (like you @SamVimesFavouriteDragon my midwife thought my baby may have been at a funny angle so I had quite a long and painful labour that didn’t progress very far so thought it could be linked to trauma from that). Regardless I do need to get checked as it isn’t right!

OP posts:
SamVimesFavouriteDragon · 29/06/2020 16:29

@Esmee89 sounds like it could be the same thing for both of us! Let us know how the gp responds? I need to psyche myself up to contact them, but you're right, I probably should get on with it!

Esmee89 · 03/07/2020 11:36

Thanks again for the advice everyone! @SamVimesFavouriteDragon I just had my GP appointment and they think it’s a slight prolapsed bladder. The appointment wasn’t too bad and have been referred to gynaecology now. Hope you also get some answers!

OP posts:
SamVimesFavouriteDragon · 05/07/2020 09:46

Thanks for letting me know ❤️ I'll book my own appointment now Blush hope it goes well for you xx

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.