My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Excercise and front, back and uterine grade 2 prolapse

3 replies

Stuckinstressville · 10/06/2020 23:30

What can I do Excercise wise? No running but any other cardio? Any good ig accounts or YouTube videos to suggest please?

Have recto and cystole ( the other one!) and uterine all grade 2 aka They all bulge into my birth canal not out (yet) but no symptoms except exceptional constipation which is managed by sachets, I don't want it worsening but equally need to lose weight to help it.

Thank you speedy giant head births and untreated constipation for 5 years....
My pelvic floor was reviewed by a physio and was told to over recruiting but very bouncy and strong yet lacked control or tightness - help! She was a bit hard to get on with do don't want To return. I do Pilates weekly,

OP posts:
AllNewDownThere · 10/06/2020 23:42

As my user name suggests I have also suffered from prolapses and have had a surgical repair.

I would really strongly advise you to find a women’s health physio that you get along with.

For online resources I would recommend POPup Lift, the Physio Detective and Dr Sarah Duvall. You can find all of these people on Instagram as well.

It has taken me about 18 months to get to a point where I feel safe exercising. Now I lift, but not super heavy, do some yoga and spinning. You should spend A LOT of time trying to figure out what type of movements are provocative and then retraining your movement patterns to make sure you can manage these safely. You may have to park Pilates for a little while, I know I would have found some of that very unsafe.

Yeah, it’s a nightmare, but it’s doable.

PM me if you’d like to talk more

Stuckinstressville · 11/06/2020 13:24

Thank you! Finding a good women's health physio is so hard ! Will def pm you!

OP posts:
vivariumvivariumsvivaria · 11/06/2020 13:27

@physiomummy is on insta, really good.

@gussiegrips is funny on twitter and @gusset_grippers on insta.

both women' health physios and really want women to get help.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.