My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Endometriosis

4 replies

IceniSky · 05/10/2019 10:11

Both my mother, grandmother and cousin had this.

I have been getting painful ovulation, with the pain going down my thighs and backache, along with painful breast and period pains. It last about a weak. I then get the same for my period.

During ovulation it wakes me up at night. Last month was very bad so I was sent for an ultrasound. They couldn't see anything.

I've been tracking my symptoms, and apparently I am ovulating. It doesn't feel no where as painful as last month, but I am very very achy.

Last night numbness travelled down my legs making them very weak and they went from under me. It felt like my legs had gone dizzy. It lasted for a few minutes, then they just felt odd. It travelled down my legs at the same speed and I didnt feel strong enough to stand up.

My arms and face also felt weird but this could have been panic.

Nothing more since.

Would you get that leg thing with endo? I'm now panicking about early onset parkinsons, MS or a spinal cord tumour!

OP posts:
AttilaTheMeerkat · 05/10/2019 16:41

I used to get pains in my sciatic nerve in each leg like you describe and this was due to endometriosis. There can be a hereditary element with endometriosis also.

Not surprised to see that the ultrasound scan showed nothing, I had many of these prior to laparoscopic type surgery and none of these detected the endometriosis present in my uterine cavity.

Are you going to be referred to a gynaecologist?. You should be under the care of such a person.

Samandii85 · 05/10/2019 17:42

I have not long come out of hospital, I've had lower abdomen pain and back pain, I've had CT scans and a dozen blood tests which are all clear, I'm still in absolute agony, hospital not sure what to suggest they are doing an internal and external ultrasound at some point, it just feels like I'm trying to give birth to everything inside, every step feels like I'm being stabbed, could this be endometriosis? As GP had suggested it could be, this has been going on for 5 weeks now don't know what else to do

Mumma1984 · 05/10/2019 20:58

I don't know too much about it but recently I saw an interview of a nurse who had it for ages and ages misdiagnosed and was constantly in so much pain, she said that now patients are becoming more in the know that doctors with endo and that you just have to keep pushing for referrals etc etc she had now had an operation and is much better ! Also I saw on something else that birth control can make it much worse and that coming off any birth control can improve symptoms ... xx

jcurve · 07/10/2019 13:30

Endometriosis doesn’t show on ultrasounds, unless you have an endometrioma on your ovaries. The only way to diagnose properly is laparoscopic surgery. Push for a referral as leg pain is a classic endometriosis symptom.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.