My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Breast exam question

3 replies

ghostbusters · 30/04/2019 20:23

Should you do your breast exam lying down or standing up? Possibly a stupid question, I know!

Lying down I can feel a lumpy area at the bottom of one of my breasts but when I checked in the shower, standing up, I couldn't really feel the lumpy area....

I went to the breast clinic early last year after I found a lump. The nurse found this different lumpy bit that I hadn't noticed before but I got the all clear after mammogram and ultrasound scan. I can't decide whether this is the same lumpy bit or worse (it's not a defined lump more a thicker texture of tissue). And I'm not sure I'm doing my breast exam right. I'll chat to my GP but I don't wasn't to waste time if it's not new and I'm just paranoid.

OP posts:
itbemay1 · 30/04/2019 20:58

I would get it checked anyway. I usually do mine in the shower with some shower get as it's easier to check that way

ghostbusters · 04/05/2019 13:40

Thanks for replying. I'll book an appointment with my GP. I hate being a woman sometimes!

OP posts:
Mamamia456 · 05/05/2019 21:12

Hi OP, glad you're going to GP, but to answer your question, you should check your breasts lying down - I was told this by a GP.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.