My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy

4 replies

elsie1234 · 01/04/2019 07:20

Hello
I'm after some advice. 3 weeks ago I had a laparoscopy to remove fibroids and hysteroscopy to remove polyps and cervical ectropian. There weren't any complications and 5 days after the op my surgeon said all tests were clear. I am due to see her again in 2 weeks. I am still bleeding. Not period quantity but there is always blood there. Last Thursday I was feeling much better and no blood but pains are back and blood!! Has anyone else had this? I thought the constant period pains would have gone by now!
Would be great if anyone can advise me.
Thanks Smile

OP posts:
elsie1234 · 01/04/2019 15:11

Any advice??

OP posts:
MigGril · 01/04/2019 15:20

I had a laparoscopy recently only just to remove an ovary with a painful cyst. I had bleeding for about a week but you've had more done. Still if it was getting better but has started to bleed more/be more painful again then it's worth getting back in touch with them or getting checked out by your GP to rule out anything like an infection.

I still had pain at 3 weeks so I would say, pain would be normal don't do what I did and try to go back to work to soon. I just ended up having to have more time off. I'm just getting back to work properly now, although I do have quite a physical job.

elsie1234 · 01/04/2019 17:16

Thanks for the reply

OP posts:
elsie1234 · 01/04/2019 17:18

Thanks so much for your reply. So how long did the pain last? The dr told me some people bleed for 4 weeks. I was hoping I wasn't one of them. I did lift some heavy shopping last week so I was wondering if I did something then or it is all just part of recovery.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.