My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

TMI - pimple on labia minora?

7 replies

rozymuir8 · 03/01/2019 04:20

I was googling about this and couldn’t find much but a somewhat similar thread for here so hopefully I’m asking this in the right place.

The other day I woke up and noticed a sore bump on my inner labia and asked my boyfriend if it looked like a spot, which he replied yes, so I got a bit worried because it doesn’t seem like a place you’d generally get pimples?

I had a look at it before and it seems to be almost like a whitehead or so, but small. So it doesn’t seem like a cyst since it’s much further up and isn’t just a lump.

I don’t feel like it’s an STI as I’ve only slept with one person (my current partner) and have no reason to believe he would cheat on me, so I really don’t know what it is.
Thinking of bringing it up at the doctors if it doesn’t go away/gets worse within the week.

If anyone has any idea what it could be any help would be good as I’m a hypochondriac and I am panicking a lot currently Smile

OP posts:
TheMythicalChicken · 03/01/2019 04:31

I had one of these, about 17 years ago. Like a big pimple with a white head. It went away a few days later and I never had another one.

MitziK · 03/01/2019 04:46

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to pop it like a normal spot on your chin or crease on your nose, even though it's uncomfortable and don't ask me how I know this. Just let it come and go by itself (a panty liner can provide useful cushioning if it catches/hurts when you sit down and a bath might help it come to the surface naturally).

It's pretty normal to have bacteria on our skin that can cause pimples in many places we would rather it didn't, especially if the area has been slightly scratched by a fingernail and kept quite warm.

I don't think stressing about causes is particularly helpful to you, but by all means see your GP if it's still causing trouble in a week.

Monty27 · 03/01/2019 04:47

It's a spot. Nothing mysterious.

chatwoo · 03/01/2019 05:07

as per @Monty27, it's probably a spot. It's perfectly possible to have a spot in that location Shock

HowamIgoingtocope · 03/01/2019 05:11

It's probably a blocked serocebus ( sp) gland. Basically it's an oil gland that gets blocked. If popped ( they will pop on own eventually with a Hot compress) a cream cheese like substance is secreated. They are quite normal.

Monty27 · 03/01/2019 06:20

Grin
Couldn't have put it better myself. Eeeeeeew.
Yer just like a spot on your face OP.
Please spare us the gory details though.
Just glad to put your mind at rest Flowers

HowamIgoingtocope · 03/01/2019 06:43

Haha I've had cervical cancer so in not one to mince my words. Sorry.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.