My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Self care: what are you going to do to look after YOU tomorrow?

7 replies

SmiledWithTheRisingSun · 28/10/2018 20:21

Being a working mum I find it's easy to become exhausted looking after other people & meeting their needs. I have been thinking about ways to combat this. One of which is to focus day by day on things that will help me feel better & more on top of things. A bit of self care if you will.

Decided to share this with you to get some inspiration and hopefully inspire others.
So, here goes...

Tomorrow I am going to:

1. get enough exercise! Even if I don't feel like it I will cycle to the pool and do my lengths.

1. Stock up on healthy food - to prevent any tired snacking on chocolate!

1. Limit time on social media so that I get everything done that I need to and don't feel stressed about not getting enough ticked off my to do list.

1. Avoid alcohol & get a much better night's sleep - improving my mood & tolerance in general.

1. book a massage to help sort out my middle aged aches & pains. And not feel like this is outrageous.

What are you going to do for you tomorrow? ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanks
OP posts:
SmiledWithTheRisingSun · 30/10/2018 19:49

Today I got back into the 5:2 way of eating and am really pleased about this.

I cycled to the pool and did lengths yesterday & am planning the same tomorrow.

Anyone else want to share the things they have done / plan to do to look after themselves this week?

OP posts:
Sleepingbunnies · 30/10/2018 19:52

I hate this time of year. Tonight I am already in bed. Will take the children truck or treating tomorrow but all I want to
Do at this time of year is hibernate. Must make a conscious effort to try and not to.

Thewolvesarerunningagain · 30/10/2018 19:56

Great idea! I love your thinking on this, very positive.

I'll join. Tomorrow I am going to eat a healthy lunch (rather than grabbing toast from cafe at work) and go for a long(ish) walk.

SmiledWithTheRisingSun · 05/11/2018 10:35

Sleepingbunnies I think hibernating is fine if that's what you need to do!

I went to bed at 9:30 last night as it had been a hugely busy week and I have a cold.

Going to shop for healthy food this morning and plan some nutritious meals for the week.

Going to start reading a new book tonight and get loads of early nights in this week.

Not drinking alcohol this week either Grin

OP posts:
SmiledWithTheRisingSun · 05/11/2018 10:36

Hope you enjoy your long walk Thewolves Grin

OP posts:
SmiledWithTheRisingSun · 05/11/2018 20:45

Ok was a in a bit of a Monday mood today after a fun but extra busy weekend. And bit feeling very well... So made a beautiful roast mushroom & garlic lasagne for dinner and had a long hot bath! Going to have an early night and start my new book finally 😆

What have YOU done to look after YOU today? 🤔

OP posts:
Sleepingbunnies · 14/11/2018 20:37

I’m hibernating. Most nights after work I just get into bed and sleep, totally screwing up my body clock though as I’m then waking ridiculously early :(

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.