My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Prolonged bleeding

1 reply

MrsT23 · 21/10/2018 12:18

Hi all, wondered if anybody might be able to help... I had my first baby 9 months ago and since then have been back on the pill, having normal periods etc. I changed to the progesterone only pill a couple of months back which led to no periods at all (result!) Now in the last month I've experienced prolonged bleeding for pretty much ten days at a time with only a 3 day break then it's back again. Sorry if this is too much info but the blood isn't normal either it's bright red and thin almost like a cut would be... I'm hoping to get into the gp this week as it's been going on too long now but wondered if anybody has had a similar experience?
So far I've been reading dr google and have scared myself now! 🙈 thanks! X

OP posts:
Katearty · 21/10/2018 23:29

Having similar issues since going back on the pill. I now bleed every 14 days for around five days and it's literally pink all the time as there is so little off it. I find it very similar to later days in post-partum bleeding rather than a period.

I spoke to my doctor last week and her told me to persevere with the mini pill!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.