My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Excess discharge NO infection

7 replies

Tmiadvice · 14/08/2018 03:02

Hi looking for advice on this sensitive issue. Ever since have my 2nd child 7 yrs ago I have had very heavy vaginal discharge. It is often green, sometimes stringy but no odour. I have twice been tested for all manner of stis even though I never expected I had any, but just to rule out what seemed like unnatural discharge. All tests came back negative both times. This issue has put me off sex completely. I told the sexual health clinician this during my visits and was told that men don’t like to be neglected and to basically just do it anyway! I am certain it has put my husband off too. There’s no way it wouldn’t. After all the tests I was basically told there’s no “normal”, we are all different. Has anyone experienced the same or have any advice. I’m early 40s and feeling so down about this. Thanks for reading.

OP posts:
DevonLulu · 14/08/2018 03:11

What contraceptive are you using? Can often contribute.... especially progestogen containing such as Mirena coil.

Tmiadvice · 14/08/2018 03:13

Hi thanks for replying. Sorry totally forgot to say! I was actually prescribed the mirena coil in order to try to help the problem and it made no difference at all.

OP posts:
Tmiadvice · 14/08/2018 03:18

The rationale was that the coil can sometimes be uses to regulate and reduce the severity of periods so worth a try Hmm I was also given a prescription for gel to treat bacterial vaginosis (even though they confirmed I didn’t have this) but also made no difference. I’ve kind of lived with this for years but am struggling now.

OP posts:
Newmanwannabe · 14/08/2018 04:04

Might sound really weird but have you tried a chiropractor? Maybe if your pelvis is out of alignment from childbirth you are getting abnormal pressure on nerves etc which is causing the excess discharge?

Shame on the Sexual Health clinician saying men don’t like to be neglected so just do it anyway. Perhaps women don’t like an excess discharge

Newmanwannabe · 14/08/2018 04:06

Or can you ask your GP if trialling pseudoephidrine might help dry it up? Obviously you wouldn’t want to be on it long term but might help get some relief

Tmiadvice · 14/08/2018 04:10

Thanks Newman I appreciate the suggestions and will look into them. I know, I was really pretty shocked when she said it, I was kind of stunned into silence or it maybe took a while to sink in. Thanks.

OP posts:
Tmiadvice · 14/08/2018 10:43

Just bumping for the daytime crowd. Thanks.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.