My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Newly diagnosed with adenomyosis and a 5cm ovarian cyst

1 reply

MayLeaveADentInYourSofa · 30/07/2018 20:18

I have 45 with no previous experience of a gynae type issue. Almost overnight I started to have pain, heavy bleeding etc. So I am relieved to have a diagnosis but in a bit of shock too.

I would be interested if anyone is willing to share their experiences and any advice on what questions I should ask my GP when I see him tomorrow?

Also, does anyone else have experience of the two diagnosis at the same time? Do they normally manifest together? Is 5cm a concerning size?

Many thanks.

OP posts:
Easter2 · 07/08/2018 05:25

I have had both& neither were concerning enough. I mean the pain was unbearable but when they determined the cyst wasn't cancerous, had to wait & wait for it to go away on its own. At the time, I couldn't understand the logic because of how big the cyst was but being told to go home& come back end of month to see if it has changed. I ended up going on the pill to reduce chance of future cyst & pain has gotten better at times. Good luck

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.