My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Nipple changes - normal aging/post breastfeeding?

3 replies

Calledyoulastnightfromglasgow · 14/07/2018 21:31

Hi - I have terrible health anxiety which is flaring badly. Have an appointment to discuss nipple change but not for 2 weeks and desperate for some reassurance.

One of my nipples sinks in a bit when I raise my arms. The other doesn’t. It is definitely not inverted. It’s just like the areola isn’t as supportive as it could be. The other side doesn’t really do this. It’s also only when the nipples aren’t stimulated - if I’m cold or thy are touched it all looks normal.

Is this just because I’m getting older and have breastfed three kids? It’s like the areola muscles are a bit crap on one side.

Does anyone else have this?

I mistakenly googled which is never a good idea but surely a nipple beginning to
invert for bad reasons would do so all the time?

Thanks for any comparisons!!

OP posts:
allthatmalarkey · 14/07/2018 21:37

I don't know when you stopped bfing, but I remember after my first there was a little puckering and my boobs just weren't as plumpled up as they had been before. Somebody said 'that's just hormones, it will pick up again once you're hormones have adjusted to not bfing any more'. Which they did. It didn't happen after my second. Two years after finishing bfing entirely, and having lost the baby weight, things seem ok. I have no idea if they were right, but I hope that helps. I can guess what came up when you googled. The chances are it's not that. No harm getting checked out though. Wishing you well Thanks

allthatmalarkey · 14/07/2018 21:38

Plumped not plumpled GrinGrin although maybe plumpled should be a word.

Calledyoulastnightfromglasgow · 14/07/2018 21:49

Ha - I breastfed my last for a couple years and stopped last year. Mine are definitely not plumpled!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.