My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Weight Watchers

Planning to succeed...

3 replies

MsCupcake · 03/08/2019 08:57

Or at least trying to minimise the excuses.

What would you recommend as store cupboard/freezer essentials for WW.

I am a lapsed member with a huge amount to lose (think half my current weight!) and I really would like to try and stock up with enough options so I can avoid that awful moment of gazing at a fridge full of ingredients and having nothing to actually eat.

I like cooking from scratch and like the idea of batch cooking for lunches during the week and quick evening meals on nights that I am in a hurry. So, what do you recommend.

😀

OP posts:
WhatALump · 03/08/2019 09:10

As someone who has lost half their body weight through WW I would suggest the following
*Build up a good stock of herbs and spices. Flavour makes a difference
*Always have chicken in your freezer! Take out whatever you need in the morning to defrost and you can cook it at night.
*On a Sunday evening I batch cook boiled eggs and wrap 4 chicken breasts in foil and bake in the oven. Then I chop up and use for salads and stir fry or just to munch on.
*Build up a freezer full of meals in a week by cooking a huge portion of something every night. Lasagne (I use courgette slices instead of lasagne sheets), curry, ratatouille style pasta sauce, casserole, chunky soup etc. Freeze in foil containers.
*I buy the uncle bens pits of microwave rice so that I have a pre portioned amount. I am terrible at adding in an extra handful just in case and won’t want to waste any extra so taking that option away by having it portioned for me is what I need.

Fatted · 03/08/2019 09:22

I keep lots of cook from frozen chicken and fish in my freezer along with vegetable steam bags. Asda also do frozen bags of cauliflower rice. So I can whip something up for zero points quickly enough. I like using the nandos marinades for a few points.

I do make loads when I'm making something like bolognese or chilli and chuck that in the freezer for an emergency.

MsCupcake · 03/08/2019 22:05

Thank you, will stock up in readiness.

How long did it take before the new meals became normal to you?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.