My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Weight Watchers

Anyone walk lots?

3 replies

MaidenMotherCrone · 14/02/2018 15:07

I've started a new job where I'm walking 10 miles a day at quite a pace. Will this speed my weight loss up. I've updated my account and it's given me more fit points but will I still lose weight at the same pace or doesn't it make any difference. I'm on the sofa exhausted.

OP posts:
ButterfliesandMoths · 19/02/2018 00:07

I've started walking 10000 steps, which is about 4 1/2 miles for me, takes me about an hour & half and my weight loss has slowed. Stayed within my weeklies, ate healthily. All that walking. Lost half a pound. Just keep thinking to myself that I must be toning.

bigdicnibba · 13/03/2018 14:56

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

smellycoat · 16/03/2018 20:00

I walk lots. I am a farmer and trying to lose a few pounds using weight watchers flex. Since using a fitbit to log steps, and then converting them to fit points which I eat most of, and sometimes all my weeklies too, I found my weight loss is very small, although I do not think I am gaining weight. I do 100000 to 125000 steps a week, so lots and lots of fit points. Without the fit points I get 23 dailies, but eat my fit points and I find myself logging 35 or over 40 per day! I have plenty walking and carrying feedstuffs at this time of year, and depend on me staying strong to do it all, and I only need lose a few pounds to have a BMI of 25, so I am not too worried about this state of affairs. From experience though, I know that should I stop taking those steps for any reason, my appetite will stay the same. Then I will really pile on the pounds! I hope that by logging what I eat with WW, I will notice the change over and curb my appetite in time.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.