Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

I need an emergency low carb diet

1 reply

TheRealPerson · 28/06/2010 11:36

I've put on a stone in one month thanks to the stupid bloody pill.

I NEED to shift it. (And have come off the pill so no excuse) Only diet that will do it quickly is the low carb variety. I find it soooo boring though!

Anyone have any meal/menu/recipe ideas for me to try? I'm on 20g carbs for 2 weeks so I'm heavily restricted.

OP posts:
aspoonfulofsugar · 28/06/2010 16:05

I'm on the vegetarian atkins (Rose Elliot's books) which is also 20g. I'm eating lots of omelettes with low-carb veg - onion, mushroom, bell peppers - and cheese. You can make goodish salads with say lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, blue cheese and soft goats cheese, with a bit of balsamic or sour cream dip. Or smoothies with peanut butter and soya milk and cocoa powder which aren't as grim as they sound. "Brinner" - breakfast for dinner - mushrooms, scrambled eggs, quorn sausages and quorn bacon, some grilled tomatoes. Soups without potatoes. Quorn stew - quorn pieces, tomatoes, tomato puree, onions and other bits of veg, all stewed together and then break a couple of eggs into the top and let them 'bake' - they taste like they're fried. Sausage casserole without the potatoes - sausages, onions, veggie stock cube and let it all thicken up with the tiniest bit of corn starch depending on how strict you're being! Enjoy

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.