Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

help! My tummy is horrific

14 replies

Jampot · 31/07/2008 00:13

Ive often joined the "need to lose 3 stone" threads and then done nothing about it but Ive now lost 3 stone with WW (although am 65lbs lighter than my v heaviest) . I can now fit into size 12 clothes which is a huge achievement for me as Ive always struggled to lose weight since having the children. Anyway, Im left with this horrid apron thing which is my tummy. I would rather not resort to surgery but need to reduce its appearance. Can anyone suggest potions/lotions/exercise/old wives tales to help?

thanks

OP posts:
Songbird · 31/07/2008 10:15

Hurray hurray well done. I'm doing WW and have lost 23lbs since Jan - very pleased with myself!
Unfortunately, I think surgery is the only really successful way to lose the overhang. I'm hoping someone else can suggest something as it is a bit extreme, and bloody expensive! Spanx underwear is supposed to be amazing!

becklespeckle · 31/07/2008 18:01

Am watching this with interest as although no weight loss here, after 3 big babies I have the apron problem too despite the rest of me being slim.

Well done to both of you for losing such an amount of weight too, fantastic!

batters · 31/07/2008 18:15

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lizzylou · 31/07/2008 18:18

Well done Jampot, that is an amazing weight loss!
Have you tried swimming (good for overall toning), Pilates or specific stomach exercises?
Spanx pants are amazing as well

batters · 31/07/2008 18:19

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jampot · 01/08/2008 01:25

thanks for the messages. I bought some spanx about a month ago and whilst they do work wonders they wont work miracles

I cant swim although have been having lessons for ages. I will try pilates and aqua aerobics and keep looking out for miracle creams designed to make my baggy tum spring back into shape.

OP posts:
mamalovesmojitos · 01/08/2008 17:02

god yes i worry about this. can i ask jampot (and well, well done on your weightloss), did you do much toning when you were dieting?

i'm hoping you'll say no as if that's the case i wonder if some hardcore stomach exercises esp pilates were in order? or if it's a lost cause for all of us...

yorkshirepudding · 01/08/2008 17:04

Message withdrawn

mamalovesmojitos · 01/08/2008 17:11

yes i found some pilates exercises in zest magazine. my core strength is so weak that i couldn't hold the neutral pose on the ground never mind start the actual toning

Jampot · 01/08/2008 18:39

no i didnt do toning exercises whilst dieting apart from walking with my MBT's on which do appear to have a beneficial effect on my balance

i really will sign up to some pilates now

OP posts:
sophy · 01/08/2008 19:00

It is quite hard to get Pilates exercises right so make sure you go to a properly qualified teacher -- I would not try learning it from a magazine or DVD.

mamalovesmojitos · 01/08/2008 20:20

yes sophy is right - someone showed me the basics first in person.

jampot that sounds like really good news to me! the majority of it is probably slack muscles. some toning and i bet you'll notice a huge difference. congratulations- you're an inspiration to me and you should be so proud.

stitch · 01/08/2008 20:22

there will be some resorption of skin over time.
however, it is highly unlikely that you will ever completely be rid of the apron without surgery

mamalovesmojitos · 01/08/2008 20:56

stitch do you think it's inevitable after losing a few stone? or after pregnancy? or does it depend on each individual.

have lost a bit of weight but need to lose much more. am a bit worried about this.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.