My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Drop a size in 2 weeks flat book - it works!!!!

2 replies

emblestrembles · 08/11/2007 10:56

I'm new. Just scanned a few threads and felt moved to mention that I bought this book by Joanna Hall and started it a week last monday.

So I have done a week and a half and dropped 5 lbs already. I feel great and even fit into an old pair of jeans I never thought I would wear again after having babies.

Its fairly easy to stick to even for a carbaholic like myself - you don't have carbs after 5pm with this one. Oh and if it sounds faddy, it is really sensible, only half the book is about the 1st 2 weeks, the rest is about continuity and keeping to a healthy routine. A lot of it concentrates on walking in short burts throughout the day to help lose the weight.

Anyway, I am very pleased with it so just thought I would pass it on.

Just got to keep it up for my stone by Xmas eve!
Em

OP posts:
Niecie · 08/11/2007 11:01

Welcome emblestrembles!

Well done on losing 5lbs - I wish I could! I am a serious carboholic too and eating too much after 5pm is my downfall. Are you allowed to eat anything else after 5pm so long as it isn't carbs or are other foods rationed too?

fedda · 08/11/2007 11:50

Hi, Niecie. I haven't read this book and I've read no carbs after 5 by Joanna Hall. It's a great system but the title i think is misleading. What joanna recommends is no bread, pasta, rice, cereal and potatoes, including sweet potatoes after 5. She also says we should have only 2 cups of tea and cofee and during the day not to have too much and minimum of things like jam. You can snack on fruit and veg any time and you can eat carrots after 5 and many other carbs which come to your mind. She says that you can stick to the diet 80% because we have days when we simply can't. When you can't stick to it, have no mentioned carbs before 5.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.