Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

How long do you have a personal trainer for?

Bloodycats · 02/10/2019 08:08

I’ve been training with a PT once a week for a couple of months now. I’m starting to feel a lot more confident when it comes to exercise and feel like I could probably continue by myself.
My PT is also my friend though who has just started her business so I feel bad for stopping training with her. What is the usual amount of time you would use a trainer for?

OP's posts:
Please
or

NiceLegsShameAboutTheFace · 02/10/2019 12:15

I've been with mine for over five years. And plan to be with him forever. He's quite simply amazing and I couldn't maintain my regime without him.

Please
or

NotGoingToFall · 02/10/2019 12:30

If you don't weekly, ask if they can do monthly - changes to your routine, check up and so on.

I've had PT for ages although currently on hold. Helps keep motivated and get new training ideas.

Please
or

ethelredonagoodday · 02/10/2019 12:31

I've had mine nearly 2 years. Helps me keep on track.

Please
or

HeavyChopping · 02/10/2019 12:33

3 years, weekly and no intention of stopping. Best money I ever spent.

Please
or

Namechangeforthiscancershit · 02/10/2019 12:35

Years now. It never occurred to me it was something you stopped. Adapt and mix things up sure but I would hate to stop.

Please
or

ChocOrCheese · 02/10/2019 16:53

I've used a trainer for 3 years now, once or twice a week depending on the trainer concerned. So long as I am able to afford it, a PT is a non-negotiable part of my fitness routine.

Please
or

makingmiracles · 03/10/2019 14:07

How much Is everyone spending on a pot per week and how’s long do you train with them per week? I’ve tried looking up some in my area but they seem so expensive

Please
or

NiceLegsShameAboutTheFace · 03/10/2019 14:24

I pay £150 for four sessions. I train with Chris once a week for an hour but plan to increase that to twice a week in a couple of years. Then I plan to do a bodybuilding competition. I am getting on that stage at least one Blush

Please
or

ChocOrCheese · 03/10/2019 17:23

£30 per week for a 45 minute session. I arrive early to warm up by myself and do cool down and stretch by myself afterwards.

Please
or

Clipperclopper · 15/10/2019 16:53

Never have nor would use one. I guess some need motivation or a friend...i am fine
I have heard some of the advice at the gyms and frankly it is appalling.

Please
or

Kathy11 · 16/10/2019 23:32

Answer - as long as possible.....5 years 2 months and counting.
It works!

Please
or

BIWI · 16/10/2019 23:40

I've been working out with a PT for the last 8 years! My now trainer I see twice a week, and pay him £40 per session.

It's a lot of money, but I view it as an investment in myself. I'm 60 now, and it's part of ensuring that I maintain a healthy lifestyle as I get older.

Please
or

Orangecake123 · 19/10/2019 17:51

As long as you want.

I did twice a week sessions for two months. Then stopped when I went on holiday. Wink

Please
or

LordEmsworth · 19/10/2019 17:56

I've been training with mine for nearly a decade. If I needed to save money, I would give up a lot of other things before I would stop this, I get so much benefit from it... once a week, £35.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.