Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Anyone else skinny fat? Or has been?

Smartie368 · 11/04/2018 14:09

I probably need to reduce sugar as I’ve been eating too much chocolate recently.

I need to start some form of exercise. Maybe the 30 day shred again as that’s the only thing I’ve ever come close to sticking at.

I hate exercise. Really really hate it. It hurts and makes you all sweaty and gross. That whole getting a glow or a high from it has never happened for me.

Anyone want to join me in some very reluctant getting fitter/toning? Or does anyone have any tips?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Buckingfrolicks · 11/04/2018 14:19

What the hell s skinny fat??

Please
or

GertieGitana · 11/04/2018 14:23

Is that where the real you is skinny, but somehow you look fat in he mirror? ( Me to a tee Grin )

Please
or

KalaLaka · 11/04/2018 14:25

Just googled it... what a revelation! Normal weight, high fat, low muscular mass.

Bit worried that's me, very glad I'm pregnant so don't need to deal Witt it yet!

Please
or

ChameleonsInCarsGettingCoffee · 11/04/2018 14:25

It's where you're a healthy BMI and a small-medium clothes size, but your body fat percentage is high. It means that although you're small, you're still "fat".

Please
or

KalaLaka · 11/04/2018 14:25

*with

Please
or

MrsMarigold · 11/04/2018 14:25

Where you look slim but have lots of fat around your organs, I was once told I was skinny fat at university at what was meant to be a student health day, at the time I was quite anorexic and weighed seven stone. I went crying to my French professor who was furious and got the whole health day focus changed.

Please
or

Smartie368 · 11/04/2018 14:37

Yes where your physique is thin but you are soft and untoned with very little muscle (and in many cases carry fat around the abdomen)

I can’t be the only one!

OP's posts:
Please
or

MamaTT · 11/04/2018 15:23

Me! I'm 5ft10 and hover between 9stone 11 and 10 stone 2. Size 10. But I'm so squishy! I wobble everywhere.
I know I eat too much sugar and do too much cardio and not near enough strength exercise

Please
or

Smartie368 · 12/04/2018 12:58

So is it more weights based stuff I should be doing mamaTT?

OP's posts:
Please
or

GooodMythicalMorning · 12/04/2018 13:04

I was skinny fat but I may just be fat fat now.

Please
or

hownowpowpow · 12/04/2018 13:07

If you want an exercise to help with toning give reformer Pilates a go. It's great and no sweating or red face when you finish. I am normally red faced from exercise but not coming out of this.

Please
or

Velocity · 13/04/2018 06:31

I'm skinny fat but if you want to deal with the fat the it's down to diet - it's why I eat low carb high fat and it's worked for me. Exercise will give you muscle tone but doesn't deal with the internal fat.

Please
or

Passthecake30 · 13/04/2018 06:36

I'm with you, 6ft and 10st 6, (size 10-12). I look slim but can pinch an inch...

I do go to the gym but prefer cardio as I am a weakling with the weights. I've been trying to do more squats and lunges recently, I've read that thighs are the largest muscle group so I'm starting there...

Please
or

MamaTT · 13/04/2018 09:08

Velocity is right. Low carb is the way to go. I was in the best shape of my life with a low carb high fat diet and a mix of strength and hiit training.
I'm BFing DD (9months) and unfortunately my supply goes a bit shit if I drop below 100g carbs a day so have to persevere with the carbs until she self weans.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.