Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Alternative to chocolate?

15 replies

Chipstick · 29/12/2006 21:37

Two years ago I lost 6.5 stones with WW - the weight flew off in 46 weeks and during that time I had no cravings and was totally dedicated. However, having now been at goal for all that time I'm beginning to slip and 1 stone has crept back on - even though I'm devastated I can't stop eating - I'm like a woman possessed!
For all you chocoholics out there, please give me some nibbly alternatives - I'm desperate....

OP posts:
Skribble · 29/12/2006 21:39

carrot batons? celery? sorry chocolate is chocolate, I find it best to stick to small Fredo bars .

mythumbelinas · 29/12/2006 21:40

sorry, there's no substituting chocolate .. i just ate a bag of maltesers

3Ddonut · 29/12/2006 21:41

Very, very dark chocolate, you can only manage a square or two before you get sick of it, it's bitter!!!

lulumama · 29/12/2006 21:41

try green & blacks dark chocolate.....when i am on my healthy eating wagon..i eat it, you cannot eat a lot of it, as it is rich.it is also full of anti oxidants

well done on losing so much weight,.....! don;t lose heart now!

myrrhthamoo · 29/12/2006 21:43

M&S Count on Us chocolate mousses have quite an intense chocolate 'hit' (not the same mouthfeel as genuine chocolate, sadly) and are only 1.5 WW points each.

Chipstick · 29/12/2006 21:45

Thanks for all your replies, the dark chocolate idea is great.

OP posts:
Dior · 29/12/2006 21:46

Message withdrawn

Dior · 29/12/2006 21:47

Message withdrawn

Chipstick · 29/12/2006 22:02

I dropped down to one meeting per month but have decided as of the new year I'm going to recommence weekly meetings until I'm back to goal. You are absolutely right - getting the weight off was the easy part - keeping it off is going to be a life time battle for me. I am still going to the gym twice per week, I just have to start planning my daily meals again and generally being more organised. If I've eaten well during the day, in the past I haven't got the evening munchies. xx

OP posts:
Judy1234 · 29/12/2006 22:26

I think for some people particularyl sugar addicts it's all or nothing with chocolate. Weed yourself off it gradually. Best to avoid it. Try to have 5 hour gaps between 3 regular meals.

rhubarbcat · 29/12/2006 22:48

Well I can eat a large slab bar of Green and Blacks Dark chocolate no problem!

I'm a choc addict as well and struggle not to eat it. I find the best thing is to try and go cold turkey as then I don't get sugar rushes. Of course I can't manage longer than a week!

3Ddonut · 29/12/2006 22:53

rhubarbcat: You're tough!

Judy1234 · 29/12/2006 23:31

gradual weaning off it works with some people - www.radiantrecovery.com - web site about sugar addiction.

Blondilocks · 29/12/2006 23:35

I prefer yummy fruits such as strawberries, grapes or rasberries to chocolate.

Frostythesurfmum · 29/12/2006 23:40

I find I have to go cold turkey and not have it. After about a week I stop craving it and then don't actually want it. If I do want a chocolate hit I drink those Options drinks. The Turkish delight one is yummy. I'm definitely an all or nothing girl with chocolate.

I munch grapes all day when I'm at work.

I've been doing Slimming World and lost 2 stones, but during December started eating chocolate again and now I'm drinking Coke too. I'd gone off that too, so I'm going to check out that website when I have more time Xenia, thanks!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.